T-Lee
T-Lee asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

The Usual Suspects, one of the greatest movies ever made.Opinions.?

Favorite Answer

With a cast that included Stephen Baldwin, Gabriel Byrne, Benicio Del Toro, Kevin Pollak, Kevin Spacey, Chazz Palminteri, and Dan Hedayad how could you go wrong? Written by Christopher McQuarrie and directed by Bryan Singer, this was a top notch thriller! This movie held your interest until the very end when we found out who the feared Keyser Söze was!

The best movie ever? That is a matter of some conjecture but I would argue that it is among the very best!

Source(s): Fatwayne http://www.tvmoviequotes.com/
  • Ewa

Yes or no? You need to reread your question. Otherwise I'll say that someone named "No" thinks it's the best ending ever. Whoever he is. It's certainly a great ending, and I remember the first time I saw it the whole cinema freaked out at the same moment. But I've found, having watched it at least twice since then, that knowing the gag from the beginning definitely lessens the effectiveness of the whole film. Another surprise ending that I think does hold up to repeated viewings is the one in Memento. Didn't see it coming, and have had a hard time figuring out exactly how they're going to pull it off during at least 3 repeat viewings since I saw it in the theatre. It's a great ending because, to paraphrase Martin Amis, it's a surprise ending, just not the one you're expecting.

A very good film. However, light years away from being "one of the greatest movies ever made". Course, the nice thing about all this is that there will never be consensus on the greatest 10 movies, let alone the single greatest. So, we can debate and have fun without ever hoping to reach a consensus.

Yes, it's got a good premise with a great twist at the end, amazing dialogue and performances. The film unravels at a riveting pace, it's a masterpiece.

Very good film, but I don't see it quite making my top 100 ever. I've seen a ridiculous amount of films though.

It's a good flick. I'd say so but that's just my opinion.

ya it a good film, a tad over rated, i guessed the twist from the start so i kinda ruined it for myself.

It is an awesome movie for sure...one of my faves...:)

Source(s): ~Pru~