How can I report this anonymously?

If a President of an non-profit organization is doing something wrong such as not following the rules and such, how can we report them to someone? The board of directors are not doing anything about it. But clearly this non-profit organization does not have a good president who refuses to follow the rules. Is there someone who can come in and observe the President? I want to report this President anonymously.

Best Answer

Depending on what they are doing wrong, your state Internal Revenue Service may be interested. Otherwise is the non-profit licensed? The license agency might be interested. Same thing with a certification group for the organization.

Without more details about what kind of organization you are with and what the President is doing it's hard to give a better answer.

A letter to the newspaper with more details might get someone interested in the issue.

• EJ

Even with non-profits if an organization is making money it is not going to oust a president or CEO. The board may have put that person in the job specifically because they do whatever it is that falls in the gray area of honesty. Unless you're ready to move to another company you might want to rethink trying to "out" him.

I guess you just have to work for another company.