Roman Polanski and Michael Jackson?

Why do you think Roman Polanski has always been revered in Hollywood as a genius despite indisputable evidence that he’s a child rapist yet when he was alive, MJ was shun by Hollywood based on inconclusive evidence?

Zahavah: Goldberg actually said that? That's disgusting!

Does anyone think it has something to do with the fact that Polanski's accuser was female and Jackson's were male?

Steven M: When I say "hollywood" in this context, I mean people invovled in both the music and movie industry since both move in the same circle.

Favorite Answer

nice question

Add: Michael was proven innocent and people still accuse him

Polanski was proven guilty since ever. Period.

I think Michael did not help himself, not building a good self image and not building many strong friendships (for not trusting others) during his life and I think it helped to make him a lonely person and vulnerable. He had the chance to make the things better for himself, as far as I know about him.

We never know, i don't know about Polanski but he must have had a better environment around him that protected him from all this stuff.

But it is notorious that people preffer accusing Michael, even being innocent.

I think the film community is perhaps a lot more close knit than the music community. A lot of people in the film industry seem prepared to stand up for Roman Polanski whatever the circumstances. If enough famous people stand up for him then the authorities won't risk upsetting him and losing the support of some of the world's richest and most influential people. And the opinion of the film industry directly influences the opinion of the public.

Also, raping 13 year old girls in those sort of circles is rumoured to be quite common; if he was convicted then a few other people's sexual antics might come under question. Roman Polanski also gives the impression of fitting in very well with that sort of 'luvvie' crowd, if you like, whereas Michael Jackson maybe didn't so much, meaning fewer celebrities would have rushed to his defense.

The media has always been negative about Michael Jackson. They paint him in the worst light possible and dissect him every chance they have. Never before has any one person (including Polanski despite what he did) received so many negative reportings. I suspect all this have to do with race. Michael Jackson was (and still is) the most famous black man on earth. He was becoming too influential and too wealthy and the white Americans began to feel threatened by him. He is the first black person to own the music catalog that contains songs of the Beatles, Elvis Presley, and many other popular artists.

Michael Jackson's level of talent exceeds his predecessors, his peers, and his successors. This man is more than an artist and dancer. Like one ex Sony executive put it, Michael Jackson is a "musicologist" -- he knows everything about music. In many ways, Michael Jackson seems to be unstoppable, and so the media started to launch a negative warfare against him in an attempt to bring him down. This is disheartening.

I'm not going to try to go against your opinion but here's my take.

Roman Polanski was/is a Dumb@##. OK

The sex and the drugs were all consensual. He knew what he was doing was illegal and did it anyway out of lust and arrogance. Yes Hollywood let him slide and that was wrong. Can you say MONEY.

MJ was just out and out creepy. I don't think we was shunned that much by Hollywood as he's not an actor anyway. The Mainstream Media seemed to portray him as a pedophile more than Hollywood. The Music business seemed to give him card blanc with this music and touring. Same as Hollywood did for Roman.

So go figure.

To all you people that keep saying Hollywood, Hollywood. Please name one film that he produced, directed, or stared in?

He was in the Music Business not the Film Industry!

Because they have their values , principles and traditions inverted

Michael Jackson a gifted artist was seen as bad

Roman Polanski the sicko is revered

In Hollywood ( sadly in some parts of Hollywood ) good is bad , bad is good or there is no good nor no bad

Oh and if you think that's bad how about Whoopi Goldberd saying this --- http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/bighollywood/200...

Isn't it just wonderful ?

Hmm.. Im not sure. But I do know that they just wanted his money and in order for Michael Jackson to go on with his life he had to do something. Perhaps a couple million dollars would do it?

• Andrea

Michael was different from other singers. Like he didn't have that bad boy image and hollywood didn't like that. Why-because media sucks

Because Michael was unique, Hollywood only likes their stars to be cardboard cut outs. Michael was different and they shunned him.

I don't know who this Roman guy is, perhaps alot of others don't either which means less attention to the fact, but you raise an excellent point... and I have one word for you its: INJUSTICE

Source(s): "..tired of injustice, tired of the schemes..."-Michael Jackson SCREAM

Why do people say that MJ paying out automatically means he's guilty, yet Kobe Bryant paid out during a rape trial and nobody calls him a rapist? Because MJ was "weird" and to americans, weird translates into guilty.