Female VS. Male in dog working/sporting events?

For my next dog which I hope to get in a year or so I want to get a bull terrier or an APBT (haven't decided yet). I really like male dogs better because I think they are more sweet and playful. However I already have two male bullies and I think it would be a good idea to get a female for my next dog for... show more For my next dog which I hope to get in a year or so I want to get a bull terrier or an APBT (haven't decided yet).

I really like male dogs better because I think they are more sweet and playful. However I already have two male bullies and I think it would be a good idea to get a female for my next dog for that reason and a few others.

However I am mostly interested in doing sporting events like weight pulling and stuff (as well as showing). Do the males normally do better at sports like that? Because that is one of the reasons why I want to get a another dog is to do working events and if they are not going to be able to complete and win against the other males then there is not point really in me getting a female.

What do you think? Do males do better than females at working events like this? Or does it not matter?

Thanks!
Update: What do you think about getting a male with my other 2 males I already have? He will be left intact.