Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

When Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through me (john 14:6) was Jesus lying or forgetful?

Did Jesus forget he is also the Father ?

Did he forget the Saints can act as a go between ?

Did he lie ?

Have the Christians lied so much they make Jesus look like a liar or at least forgetful ?

iheartveralynn:)

Look up the scripture .

st for those to lazy to look it up or do not know what the bible says ( I don't know how you can not & call yourself Christian)

John 14:6

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

From the NIV

St.Bernadette

Jesus is not the Fater but they are one .

Have you ever stopped to think how stupid & illogical that sounds ?

Jesus is not the Fateher but he is the Father whist not being the Father .

Favorite Answer

Are not those who claim that Jesus and the Father are one Person doing the lying? Trinitarians never do that. Only anti-Trinitarians seem to fall into that category. The Trinity specifically states that the Son is not the Father or vice versa.

Are not those who claim that the Saints can act as a go-between doing the lying? The Bible states that Jesus is the one, perfect, mediator between God and men.

Those who misrepresent what others teach about Jesus Christ might by lying, or just forgetful. You have been told often enough what the Trinity states yet you keep appearing to ignore that. I wonder why? Are you just forgetful? Jesus was neither forgetful nor a liar.

• Jodi

No Jesus did not forget the He is also the Father, but He was God in human flesh, the Branch of God. The Father God is Spirit and consuming fire, the Son God is God in human flesh or God when He becomes flesh so He can walk among us. The Saints cannot act as a go between. Only One way to heaven and the throne of Almighty God and that is through His Son Jesus the Savior of mankind. If you are going to heaven you will get there only by your Savior, Jesus the Christ. No other way. God does not lie. Jesus is God and God does not lie. I can't speak for all Christians, but I can tell them that God hates a liar. Jesus also said, "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father." Jesus also said, "I and the Father are One." Neither the saints, nor Mary, nor the Pope nor any person can get you to heaven. Jesus is The ONLY Way. Forget Oprah or any other person that preaches a gospel different from the gospel of Jesus Christ and if they do - let them be accursed.

LOLOL!! Love it when I see you coming!! 1 Timothy 2:5, only "one mediator BETWEEN GOD AND MEN, A MAN, CHRIST JESUS". No room for saints and no error as to whether or not God and Jesus are the same in any way.

Source(s): the bible

I'm sorry but Saints can't act as a go between when Saints are just mere human beings. The bible makes it clear that Jesus is the only one who can go between us and God. Jesus is the only way and that's all there is to it. Read Hebrews for more information about this subject.

he also said I and the father are ONE when YOU see the Son you see the Father

1 - No, Jesus did not lie. Satan is the liar and the father of the lie.

#2 - No, Jesus knew he was not his Father. Satan likes that lie, it makes for confusion in Christendom.

#3 - No, Jesus never spoke of saints doing anything. Satan really likes it when someone tries to replace Jesus Christ with any person, alive or dead.

#4 - No, once again he did not lie. Satan is the liar, remember that.

#5 - Yes, the trinitarians have either lied or been lied to for so long they don't think about how foolish they make Jesus look to others. No logical person is going to believe it, but Satan is out there getting the word spread that God and Jesus are one and the same. He must be laughing at how old pagan teachings have corrupted christendom.

We know Satan will soon be powerless when Jehovah and Christ finally take action against him and his whole crowd. Until then, we carry on with the job he gave his followers, preaching the good news of God's Kingdom.

Yes to your very last question, but it's Christendom not Christians.

No to all other parts of your question. Jesus was expressing that he has a God-given role in his Father's purpose. His Father, Jehovah God the Almighty.

Satan is the liar, AND the god of this world.

John 8:44; 2 Corinthians 4:4

God has designed salvation in order to reconcile the believer with Himself. However, sinful man cannot approach a holy God, and finite man cannot comprehend an infinite God. The only way we can be reconciled to God and understand Him is through His manifestation in flesh, through the sinless man Jesus Christ. When we are one with Jesus, then we automatically are one with God, since Jesus is not just a man but God also. Jesus used the plural to emphasize that in order to be united with God we must first receive the atonement through the blood of Jesus. There is one mediator between man and God, the man Jesus (I Timothy 2:5). No one comes to God except through Jesus (John 14:6). To be doctrinally correct, we must acknowledge that Jesus is come in the flesh (I John 4:2-3). When we receive Christ, we have received both the Father and the Son (II John 9). Our union with Father and Son is not a union with two persons in the Godhead, but simply a union with God through the man Jesus: "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself" (II Corinthians 5:19).

• edoedo

What Jesus mean that people can't pray without him (Jesus) then Jehovah will not hear your praying.

You must pray to Jesus then Jesus will tell Him (Jehovah) what you said.

Let me give you an example: Jesus working for Post Office. And he got a letter from you then Jesus went back to Post Office then hand it to him (Jehovah) then Jehovah read it.

It is basic the same way.

I hope you all understand this.

Source(s): ADD: One more thing when the new system appear then we can pray to Jehovah from now on.

Jesus was being truthful. He said just before that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Source(s): John 14:6