I need resources for a video game research paper, help?

I can't find any resources other than websites for information about how video games started or just on certain brands. Is there anything I should search to find the sources I need? I need 4 books and 3 websites/magazines/etc

Best Answer

For books, try these:

The Ultimate History of Video Games: From Pong to Pokemon--The Story Behind the Craze That Touched Our Lives and Changed the World by Steven L. Kent

The Video Game Explosion: A History from PONG to PlayStation and Beyond by Mark J.P. Wolf

Game Over: How Nintendo Conquered The World by David Sheff

High Score!: The Illustrated History of Electronic Games, Second Edition by Rusel DeMaria and Johnny L. Wilson

The First Quarter : A 25-year History of Video Games by Steven L. Kent

Video gaming started with pong, when two people got together and made pong, they stuck the machine in a bar for each play costing 25 cents, the next day the bar owner called up the people who made it and said it wasn't working already, and when they came they opened it up and found it jam packed full of quarters... Thus, the gaming race and age was born.

There were earlier 'video games' but it really took off with pong.

well if you only need books try an encyclopedia and gameinformer magazine maybe nintendo power since nintendo been in the game industry for forever and gamepro. tahts what i would put atleast :)

official xbox magazine, game informer magazine, and Edge magazine... thats all i could think off.. wait i got more.. nvm brain fart