So I have a lexmark x2690 printer and I just went and had the ink cartridges refilled and it printed fine?

for the first few days and now every time I try to print something it says that I have NO ink and that I need to but new ones. Does anyone have any ideas thoughts or suggestions? I tried calling the place I had them refilled at and they said it is hit and miss with lexmark printers.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • DrDave
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure! Your printer has detected that the cartridges were refills! Cartridges no have chips in them and once the chip is set to empty, refilling them is a waste of time because they wont work.

• Carol
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Depending on which Lexmark X26xx printer you have, you can actually get an ink cartridge that is refillable. If you use the 14/15 cartridges, look into buying 14A/15A cartridges. They are a few dollars more initially, but they are made with the intention that they will be refilled.

• 1 decade ago

Your printer has no idea how much ink is in there. It is just remembering the cartilages you refilled as the one it almost completely used up.

The ink level will not reset, just keep printing and ignore the warning.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only solution is to ignore the message. However if you are completely annoyed with it I'd suggest uninstalling the printer ink monitoring software.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.