Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

"real woman have curves"?

Is anyone else a bit annoyed by the "real women have curves" saying? I have curves myself, and find that when I say that I'm basically just giving an excuse for being a lot more out of shape than i used to be. besides its kind of insinuating that thinner women aren't real women or something. I don't know why, I just find it really annoying.

i wasnt asking wat men liked...I was asking whether people were annoyed by the question too . like i am..

Favorite Answer

I may not have curves but i am as real as can get :D

and i am not anorexic either.

Source(s): me
  • egn18s

This saying kind of have two purposes: 1.) It's true that most women have wider hips than men, for the giving birth. This gives women a curvy shape in their body. Of course some women are built with more of straight, thin-hipped body; there are always a wide range of variations. But wide, curvy hips are a basic physical difference between men and woman (besides the sexual organs and breasts). 2.) Some women say this phrase in response to the pop-culture notion that women have to be super-skinny in order to be hot.

• The "real women have curves" thing is usually a proclamation against all the skinny, fake women we see portrayed in the media.

But, I think that some people forget to realize that a "real woman" may be any shape or size. Skinny, fat, curvy, tall, short, tall and fat, short and skinny, it doesn't matter. A real woman should be defined as a woman who is not afraid to be the current person she is, to embrace her natural self.

Not just another plastic-y, fake, airbrushed bimbo portrayed in the media or movies.

It's become a nice way of describing a woman that could stand to lose weight. Women that are slender have more noticeable true curvaceousness. The statement is just inaccurate to me.

I'm sick of that saying too. It's mainly used because the majority of people are overweight or obese and it's catering to their superficial beauty instead of focusing on health issues.

I have curves, I guess, because my waist is smaller than my hips and boobs. Slim women are real women too! Just because we're not fat or have natural G cup boobs... -_-

Source(s): Harley Q was here XOX

Just another something telling us how we should be. I guess I am used to hearing it. They have been trying to tell us what "Normal" is for a verrrrry long time, but we have a bunch of really messed up people telling us these things. I consider the source when I hear the advice given. To me it's all propaganda anyway. Everyones trying to sell you something even if it's just their ideas.

To each his own. All I can say is most Men are attracted to women with curves. It's in our DNA.

Wow, a thumbs down for being attracted to women with curves. What's the world coming to.

It's just some moaning by lazy women who aren't prepared to put in the minuscule effort it requires for a woman to maintain an attractive body.

• Tronix

Real women have curves, obese people don't.

Obese people lose their waist.

Healthy body weight is a wide range. at 5'6'' I could be 118-155 lbs and still be healthy. I don't think we should encourage anything outside of healthy on either side.

I guess I'm not real then. I wonder what that makes me...