Changing eye color/lightening/pigment?!?

Does anyone know of a way to change the color of your iris' permanently? I've been researching for a while, and have not been able to find anything! I already know about newcoloriris (surgery), but that had loads of side effects. I already know about contacts (ive had them on and off for a while). I... show more Does anyone know of a way to change the color of your iris' permanently?
I've been researching for a while, and have not been able to find anything! I already know about newcoloriris (surgery), but that had loads of side effects. I already know about contacts (ive had them on and off for a while).

I don't see how with all the science and technology in the world, there's no way to simply lighten your eye color. We can literally dye our skin, we can tattoo our eyeballs, we can do almost ANYTHING in the world today. So, how has nobody discovered a way to change eye color.?

I'm aware that blue/light eyes are a result of low melanin production, But i don't understand how there's no known way to reduce the overproduction of melanin in darker/brown eyed people.

It's really frustrating. If anyone knows any websites, doctors, or scientists currently working on a way to do this, please let me know!
Or if you know of a new way someone has come up with, please let me know! <3 THANKSSSS
Update: I never said i wanted the surgery. There are too many complications.. I just want to know if there are any other methods in development at this time. I still don't see with all the miraculous technology out there, we don't have a way to permanently change your eye color. =( Also, is there any way a... show more I never said i wanted the surgery. There are too many complications..
I just want to know if there are any other methods in development at this time. I still don't see with all the miraculous technology out there, we don't have a way to permanently change your eye color. =(

Also, is there any way a doctor can give a shot to reduce the overproduction of melanin?