Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

What do you think of this L. Ron Hubbard quote(founder of Scientology)?

"Leukaemia is evidently psychosomatic in origin and at least eight cases of leukaemia had been treated successfully by Dianetics after medicine had traditionally given up. The source of leukaemia has been reported to be an engram containing the phrase 'It turns my blood to water.'" - L. Ron Hubbard, "Journal of Scientology," Issue 15-G, 1953

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hubbard was a hypocrite!

http://www.xenu.net/archive/hubbardcoroner/

His dianetics couldn't save him from a stroke?Hmmm?

Audit yourself!

• 1 decade ago

The notation that any physical ailment on the level of Leukemia is all in one's head, and that an individual can fix by simply using will power is just ridiculous.

So, in answer to your question, I feel that this quote was made by an individual who based his religion off a multi-meter and the promise that the larger donation you make, the more happiness you can find. All as long as you can move the little needle a few points. In other words, it is a bunch of fertilizer.

No offence to any Scientologists who read this.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I think science has progressed to the point where leukemia is very treatable in most cases. Sure, using dianetics won't hurt and religion is of great comfort to people experiencing cancer, but also see a medical professional and work with your doctor's recommended course of treatment while practicing religious faith healing simultaneously.

• 1 decade ago

L. Ron Hubbard is an interesting science fiction author but has no medical qualifications that I have ever heard of.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sheer lunacy to make money for Hubbard's "hobbies". Without full written affidavits to back up this claim, it's ludicrous and maybe criminal.

• 1 decade ago

As a former Scientologist, take it from me... These people are totally wacko!

I never totally figured out what their motivation was beyond trying to get as much money out of their members as possible.

• 1 decade ago

It must be horrible to have leukemia and have somebody tell you it's all in your head. It would make you feel like it was your fault that you got cancer. How sad.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hubbard was a lunatic.

"Engrams" are as fictional as gods...

• 1 decade ago

I don't agree with the statement. Good Luck ! :)

• 1 decade ago

I'd tell you how I truly feel but then I'd get sued.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.