Bridging an "unbridgeable" amp; vintage 2 channel 70's monster?

Is it possible to do this. I want to because no amp seems to compare to the quality and accuracy of those old "monster" amplifiers from the 70's. It's the TRM-800 by Nikko. i made that; it's not an article yet; it's in my name space.

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    if its not designed to do so, and you try it, you risk damage to the amp and probably wont get out of it what you want.

  • 4 years ago

    Nikko Trm-800

  • 1 decade ago

    Unless you can find some way to invert the signal on one of the channels, it's probably not possible.

    There's some good information about bridging amps here on Basic Car Audio Electronics.

    Scroll down the list on the right and click on #51, "Amplifier Bridging". About a third of the way down the page it shows a block diagram and the associated sine waves of both non-bridgeable and bridgeable amps.

  • 1 decade ago

    if it says it's unbridgeable then its unbridgeable....don't try to bridge it or you'll burn out your amp or speakers..

    Source(s): me. 7yr master installer for CC
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.