i need some help with "The Crucible"...?
ive done a million questins and there a few left that i really need help on, can someone help mee ;]
-Why doesnt proctor want mary to go back to court?
-Why did Hale come to proctors house?
-What things are suspicious about proctor and his family?
-Hale asks elizabeth if she believes in witches..wats her reply?
-why does cheever come to the proctor house?
-significance of the needle in the poppet?
-what will happen to proctor if he tries to discredit abby?
-why doesnt mary want to testify about thye doll?
thanks so much!
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
The Crucible - Arthur Miller
ACT BY ACT/SCENE BY SCENE
• Betty Parris is sick and people around her worried.
• Tituba comes in to see if Betty is going to die.
• Rev. Parris, betty’s dad, doesn’t want to think that this might be because of witchcraft. But he sends out for Rev. Hale (witchcraft expert) anyway.
• Parris doesn’t want people to find out about his daughter because he doesn’t want to look like a putz in the town.
• Abigail (Rev.’s niece) tells him that she was dancing with Tituba and some other chicks. They were dancing around a big cauldron.
• All Rev. Parris cares about is his own good name in the community. He tells Abigail that it doesn’t matter if she confesses, people will see her as dirty anyway.
• Parris tells Abigail that John Proctor’s wife, Elizabeth, doesn’t come to church because Abigail slept with John Proctor..
• Abigail defends herself and calls Elizabeth a stinking liar.
• Act One
• Act Two
• Act Three
• Act Four
Welcome to The Crucible project. This site will serve to be your complete information source for just about everything related to Arthur Miller's timeless piece of work.
• Background Info
• Plot Summary
• Summary & Analysis
o Act 1
o Act 2
o Act 3
o Act 4
• ThemeTrackerSource(s): http://www.shmoop.com/crucible/ http://www.litcharts.com/lit/thecrucible/ http://www.schoolbytes.com/summary.php?id=338 http://www.curriculumunits.com/crucible/main3.htm