How does wild pheasant taste?

I live in Atlantic Canada and there are pheasants/grouse/partridges everywhere around here, including on a stretch of forest my dad owns. We're planning on hunting a few of them but we want to make sure they taste good because we (alright, I) don't feel it's right to kill something just for the sake of killing it.

People say it tastes like turkey and chicken mixed together.

• Shogun
    Favorite Answer

My favorite food. You will find out why Pheasant under glass is such an expensive delicacy. The taste description is correct, although I would lean more towards a good turkey. The great thing about cleaning Pheasant is that they are a shell skinned animal. They skin easier than a rabbit. You just make a few slits and undress them. It is not near the problem you have with plucking ducks. Just remember that on a quiet winter morning where the only sound is your breathing a jumping Pheasant can scare the crap out of you. One Pheasant sounds like a small covey of Quail. I took a first timer with me once and he nearly dropped his shotgun. By the way I like to use 12 ga. #5 shot for Pheasant. Have fun and be nice to Dad and let him stand and block at the end of the field while you flush them out.

Source(s): Hunter / Shooter

What To Eat With Pheasant

Pheasant makes great eating. What ever you can do with chicken you can do with Pheasant only the taste is much better. Once you've eaten a well prepared game bird you'll never want to eat a battery farmed chicken again!

Enjoy.

The first person has no idea what they are talking about. I have been serve pheasant before without being told what it was until after I ate it. It taste a lot like chicken.

Sapphire could not possibly be more wrong. Pheasant is one of the tastiest game animals on the planet. It's a lot like quail, which isn't all that different from chicken. The breast is all white meat, and the legs and back are a little darker, but not much.

how does it taste? delicious

It is good fried with biscuits and gravy, but Im from the south. I have pheasant that is good baked, with a cherry sauce glaze, I like cajun pheasant fingers (blackened in spices, sauteed, then served with apricot dipping sauce). One of my personal favorites on a cold winters day if pheasant and dumplings served hot and ready

Source(s): me, I love to hunt and eat pheasants

It tastes exactly like chicken, no matter what anyone tells you!!! It's just better because you have to work a little harder for it.

It's good. I like it.

Like OkieRoadhunter said about Sapphire M.. they have no clue what they are talking about.

Either they are a bad cook or who cooked it for them is a bad cook.

I cook it up like Chicken and rice. You have to be careful it can dry out but it is tasty.

a bit more gamey version of turkey. i tried some once a friend hunted.