Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I'm Going On A Diet Any Tips ?

I'm 16 Yrs Old And I'm Really I Mean Really Over Weight And Yesterday I Started A Diet , I Need Tips Any Tips You Think Their Helpful

Thanks =]

Favorite Answer

Diets only work when you keep track of your calories and you eat less than you burn. But when you do that diets work great, I've lost 40 lbs in the past few months by counting calories..

1. Create a calorie goal and stick to it. There are a bunch of websites out there to help you figure out your intake. You should sign up for a website like DailyPlate.com, that'll help you keep track of your calories

2. 1 day a week don't track your calories and (within reason) eat what you want. I call this my day off and it gives you hope for all of the stuff you like that you can no longer eat on the other 6 days of the week. That being said, even on your day off don't pig out.

3. Take a walk 3 times a week, for instance Mon, Wed and Friday. This will increase your metabolic rate a little and help your body consume more calories when you are not being active. Maybe even build up your walking speed until you are a little out of breath

4. Weigh yourself 1 time a week at the same point in the day, this will show you an average weight loss for the week. As you lose weight it will fluctuate up and down (more down than up), and if you weigh yourself every day you could easily become discouraged by a 1/2 lbs increase one day, something that would not be apparent if you were doing it weekly

5. Ask your family not to purchase snack food, chips, cookies, soda, ice cream etc. and start drinking diet. Diet coke doesn't taste that bad after a while and there a 0 calories in it

6. Drink lots of water, you can purchase 0 calorie flavorings at the grocery store, these helped me. The average person is usually severely dehydrated, upping your water intake allows your body to work more efficiently, it will fill you up and if you drink it before a meal you will be far less likely to overeat because your stomach is already a little full.

7. Try one of the salads from McDonald's like the Southwest Chicken or whatever they call it. The time will come when you need to grab fast food and those salads are just about the only thing you can eat that will not destroy all of your hard work for that day

8. Go and get a calorie counting book and have a good read. This will make it much more apparent just how bad some food is for you, especially fast food. And it will allow you to make informed comparisons between eating this or eating that.

Hope this helps, through the 8 things above I've lost 40 and plan to lose another 20 by christmas

replace your regular pasta noodles with whole wheat pasta for a more filling meal

pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be

Chew thoroughly chewing each bite 30 times before swallowing

3 hours of shopping

nurse a hangover sleep in for an hour and 53 minutes

give your protein extra low calorie flavor by adding a salsa or chutney instead of a gooey cream sauce

Complete your eating three hours before your bedtime

1 hour zumba class

eat only from a plate while seated at a table