alex asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

General Under Honorable Conditions Discharge.?

Can I become a cop while having a General Under Honorable Conditions Discharge from the usmc for homosexual conduct?

Will I get turned down for having this in my background?

3 Answers

  • Dave M
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    they can NOT not hire you because of your sexual orientation (by law) however with the general rather than honorable discharge- they can use that as a reason for not hiring you.

    i'd be surprised if the reason for your general discharge is spelled out as "being gay"'s a toss up.

    good luck

  • 1 decade ago

    It doesn't help to have a general discharge versus an honorable - all you can do at this point is apply for a law enforcement job and see what the hiring agency says.

    Source(s): Army SFC
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    i dont think cops care if ur gay or not so i wouldent see how it would hurt u

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.