why do they say likeing the same sex is a sin?

i know its a sin blah but why its the same thing if i like dr pepper but u like coke u cant make me like it cause every one has diffrent tast and i know cuz it was created to be man and women but some just like both or men and men or girl and girl and what do u think about this?

Favorite Answer

There are a few passages in the Bible that talk about same gender sexual activity. It never mentions homosexual orientation because a word for that did not even exist in the Hebrew or Greek languages. These passages have been taken out of context to condemn gay people and say that their attraction is a sin. It is not!

Most times that same gender sexual conduct is mentioned can be linked to a common practice at the time of pagan fertility gods having orgies outside the temple in their worship of the fertility gods. The story of Sodom and Gomorrah has been taken out of context and been used to make people believe these cities were destroyed by homosexuals. The truth is that the same gender sexual activity mentioned in that story was about power and male on male rape and NOT about homosexuality. The story says all the men in the town showed up to have sex with the two angels.... you can assume the entire town was not gay by orientation so this just does not apply to homosexuality as we know it today.

It is interesting to note that in the Bible, none of the prophets, nor Jesus, Nor the 10 commandments ever mention any type of same gender sexual activities. That means when they talk about same gender sexual activity, it had to be something common at the time because none of the writers were able to see the future!

Too many people are spending too much time just accepting what their preachers say instead of studying the Bible and the context of the time themselves. It is much easier to condemn someone else than to look at ourselves and realize that none of us are worthy of salvation. Only Jesus sacrifice makes any of us worthy of heaven. Personally, I don't believe homosexuality is a sin. It's not hinted at in the 10 commandments and the law was designed to show us what sin is.

Basically same reason fapping is a sin:

You're not making any babies. You can't lie with a man, because you're wasting your ****.

I think it's archaic. Perhaps it seemed practical when women could not support themselves(this is the only rational I can think of beyond being homophobic), and thus someone thought it was an important rule to protect women, but now, with overpopulation and gender equality, we need to stop caring. And we will. Someday.

Im Christian and i have same sex attractions and i dont believe God will condemn homosexuals because he loves everyone. Jesus came on the earth and died for everyone sins by doing this he has fulfilled the law and the bible is now the perfect love story! God loves you and every gay person on this planet but he is still longing for a relationship with every human being its up to you if you follow him or not. im not tryint to convert anyone btw im just stating what i believe.

Hope you find your answer :D

Source(s): me?

because in there religion its a sin.a white male created the bible.what a coincidence that a white male is who they are worshiping..anywhere you go in the world where there are people they will create some sort of religion.basically its just rules.we as people can not handle not knowing so we have to create some sort of religion.i have decided there must be a higher power also it may be called god allah,budd ah,a black man, a female,whatever i just know there's some one watching over us and as long as you are positive you cant go wrong.you don't have to be one certain way.the differences in us is what brings us together.if we all accept and embrace are differences we will all be one.

The reasoning is found in three (I think its three, I've stopped really paying attention) passages found in the Bible which speak against homosexuality.

Of course these same people don't seem to put quite so much stock in the myriad references to how bad adultery is, so... yeah.

People are ignorant and will believe EVERY ridiculous thing the bible says! They know it is not a choice and they know we are who we are but they keep plugging their ears with ignorance so they can keep their religion. Cuz who wants a religion thats a lie?

Well, to be honest, im a christian and I love gay people. I don't think God would apart you from everyone else just because of your sexual orientation. God loves everyone, regardless of what they prefer. He understands, but people nowadays see gay people as disgusting things, but I think otherwise.

Source(s): Me
  • Mark

It isn't a sin at all. People can't help who they fall in love with. Plus, the bible doesn't apply to people who don't believe in it. The bible isn't even real.

• I don't think being gay is a sin I don't know why some people think it is...

coz the 2000 yr. old book sez so.