Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

Is something wrong with me? I slept 16 hours today, not on purpose, usually sleep 6 hrs/night?

So I had a busy week and didn't get much sleep during the week, but 16 hours in one night is not healthy is it?

Best Answer

Okay, since you sleep six hours per night, and you had a busy week. Your body did what it does best. It saw the opportunity and kept asleep for the sixteen hours.

You accumulate what is called, "sleep debt" and there comes a point where your body decided it was time to pay that off. You won't have to worry about it, if you give yourself enough sleep every night. But if you do start sleeping 16 hours every night, something is wrong. But once in awhile just means your body is catching up on needed rest.

relies upon on your age. that's drilled into our heads that 8 hours is "favourite" and something greater desirable than it is solid. in element to certainty, between the a while of 17 and 60, we would desire to continually be getting no greater desirable than 8 - 10 hours of sleep. some human beings of course sleep heavier, permitting their bodies to relax greater appropriate, subsequently they do no longer want as lots sleep. in case you experience rested once you awaken, you're solid to bypass! 6 hours is a splendidly favourite quantity of time to sleep.everybody's sleep trend is different, yet once you're worried, bypass see a snooze professional. they are in a position to many times say no rely if or no longer it particularly is favourite for a individual such as you, and might furnish ideas to drugs that your favourite well being care professional might furnish. solid luck!

The only time I ever slept for that long was in the early stages of pregnancy with my children

It sounds like you were sleep deprived. I'd recommend trying to keep sleep/wake times consistent to avoid losing sleep. (If you go to bed and get up the same time every day, it's easier to do so.)

I slept 2 hours, consider yourself lucky

no 8-10 hours is healthy

• SONJA

YOUR BODY CAUGHT UP ON THE SLEEP IT MISSED, DOING THAT SPORADICALLY IS NOT HARMFUL, INSTEAD IT HELPS REJUVENATE YOUR BODY BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF SLEEP THROUGH THE PAST WEEK, JUST MAKE SURE YOU EAT A GOOD DINNER AND YOU SHOULD BE BACK ON TRACK. WE ALL DO THAT ONCE IN AWHILE:)

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You really needed some extra sleep and you finally got it!

• ...

Your body might've been catching up on some of the important sleep you missed.

I think its okay as long as you aren't doing it regularly. You were probably just really tired. Your body needed to catch up on sleep. Try to sleep more. :D