Outfits/clothing for family photos, need ideas please?

We have not done a family photo since my youngest was 18 months old and he is now 9 years old so we are getting some Professional photos done of all of us as a family and some pf just our 4 boys as well as some individuals.

The photo shoot will be done outdoors in a fall setting and I need some ideas for what we should all wear. In the photo will be 6 people, myself, my husband, and our 4 boys, twins age 15, 12 yr old and 9 yr old.

I was thinking maybe khaki pants with solid colored shirts maybe fall colors or jeans with fall colored shirts or would fall colored shirts blend too much with the scenery around us? Should we all wear jeans with a dressier button shirt and if so what color shirts and would that be too dressy for a casual outdoor shoot in fall scenery?

The photos will be for us and also we will give them out as Christmas gifts to family this Christmas.

ideas...help please?!

Favorite Answer

I would say jeans with either brown shirts or white shirts!

Look at my picture to the left! LOL. We usually like to match somewhat, but not too much. I usually have my boys wear khaki pants and a white polo or casual white shirt and then I usually wear khaki pants or skirt with a pretty colored top!

I've seen several family pictures in which they color coordinated or matched, and I think it's really cute! I've seen people in denim shirts and khaki or white bottoms and it looked great. My family has done turtlenecks or turtleneck sweaters. Since the pictures are going to be for Christmas cards, why not go with red tops and jeans? Have fun!

If you already know what you like to do, why did you ask?

The photographer we worked with recently favours jeans and black t-shirts (or any solid colour with everyone wearing it). If you guys aren't formal-clothing types normally, something that reflects your family personality would yield a good picture because you're not feeling uncomfortable in your clothes.

Since this is for Christmas, why don't you pull out those handy dandy knitting needles and throw together a lovely set of woolen red and green knit sweaters em-blazed with patches of white to symbolize snowflakes. Don't forget to don matching turtlenecks with each individuals name embroidered boldly upon them for all to see topped off w/some homemade knit caps with your last name embroidered upon them.

• Clo !

Everyone, wear white ! After all, we all "dream of a white Christmas".