Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Did You Hear Roman Polanski Was Arrested For His 31 Year Old Arrest Warrant?

ZURICH - Director Roman Polanski was taken into custody, Swiss police confirmed Sunday, on a 1978 U.S. arrest warrant for having sex with a 13-year-old girl.

Polanski was flying in to receive an honorary award at the Zurich Film Festival when he was detained late Saturday at the airport, festival organizers said in a statement.

Polanski fled the U.S. in 1978, a year after pleading guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/09/27/2009-...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ladida
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

this is ludicrous, Roman Polanski plead "guilty" to having drug/alcohol addled consensual sex with a minor. she felt bad afterward and he was charged even she does not want any of this going on anymore. Lets not forget Polanski's only other involvement with US law, He saw the people who murdered his wife and unborn child (pregnant Sharon Tate) get the death penalty, then those executions were stayed because the death penalty was abolished then reinstated. Where is the justice in that, now the American tax payers are paying for them to live in jail cells and for their medical attention (charlie and susan both have cancer). It is a farce!

**EDIT**

Never once did I say it excused what happened, but this is ridiculous, I have to ask why the girls mother allowed her to go back, and why she herself went back a second time.

She willingly drank the champagne and most likely took the drugs as well things were way different back then and as young people tend to do they get themselves into very adult situations when they try to 'act' grown up. It happened a long time ago and if she WILLINGLY took MONEY to drop it then for her and Polanski it is OVER! The US law enforcement just has another POLITICAL message to send!!

• LilyRT
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

to the person above me...so having your wife murdered is a get out of jail free card for raping a 13 year old?!?

let me say that again. he drugged and raped (not just statutory rape. She said no) a 13 year old. It was NOT drug related consensual sex. He gave her alcohol and drugs and then forcibly sodomized her while she said no.

she is resisting it because after 30 years, she'd like to move on with her life, and Polanski has given her a chunk of money in a closed settlement. I'm sorry, if he did do everything that was claimed, he did a disgusting thing. and I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYBODY WANTS TO GIVE HIM A FREE PASS JUST BECAUSE HE ALSO HAD SOME ROTTEN THINGS HAPPEN TO HIM! It's not like he has an anger management problem or emotional instability and committed crimes resulting from that.

I say it again. HE DRUGGED AND RAPED A 13 YEAR OLD!!!!

ok. rant over.

EDIT: another political message to sell?!? yeah, it's DON'T RAPE A 13 YEAR OLD!!!!

how evil! jeez. it's amazing the lengths people will go to just to turn authorities into the bad guys. you've seen too many bad hollywood conspiracy movies.

and as far as her willingly taking the alcohol and the drugs, sure that was stupid. but she was 13! that's why we have special laws about "contributing to the delinquincy of a minor". we expect the adult to have better judgement than than the 13 year old.

• John A
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes, Melissa, just now.

The Swiss are very afraid of the American government right now because the IRS is pressuring them for information about Americans who are hiding money in their banks and, so far, the Swiss have not caved. They are, however, throwing a bone to the US and that bone is Polanski.

• 1 decade ago

dude,

the guy was 44 yrs old, told a 13 yrs old girl to come to his house to "take some pictures" (yea, heard that before), then fed drugs and other substances (13 or 14 yrs old), then had sex with the girl. the girl, resisted and said no many times, he still did it (that is rape). then, he was charged, received a fair trial in open court with the assistance of the best attorneys, found guilty. the court was so kind to him to allow him to return to his homeland to take care of family business then return to U.S. to serve his sentence.... then, he disappeared. so, now, you want to dismiss the case and set him free because he "repented"? -:)

what is more strange is, thru' the years, France refused to extradite a child rapist to U.S. what kind of country is that?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He had it coming. Better late than never.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.