what is dangerous drug?

define dangerous drug

Favorite Answer

A drug is dangerous if it has a low therapeutic margin of safety (ie the amount of medication to help and the dose that causes death is not large). Dangerous drugs typically have more serious side effects and greater risks.

When the American FDA evaluates a drug they weight the risks vs. benefits. So a medication to treat HIV is more likely to be medically acceptable even if it has serious risks associated with.On the other hand, a sleeping pill that had many very serious risks would not be acceptable because insomnia already has safe and effective treatments.

In the end "dangerous" is just a matter of perception. Aspirin kills people (normally from over dose/over use) yet we consider it to be safe. And there are drugs like Heparin that can kill from a small miscalculation in dosing. The word "dangerous" means the ability to cause harm- all drugs can cause harm.

Source(s): I am a medical student at a university in Montréal, QC, Canada in psychiatry and internal medicine. I have a specialist degree (Hons. BSc) in pharmacology and I have interned under two psychiatrists, and one neurologist. I have also worked as a pharmacy assistant.

Any drug has the potential to be dangerous. Paracetamol has the most number of overdose admissions in hospital than any other drug, according to my mother (a nurse for 30yrs). Anyone can be allergic to common pharmaceuticals e.g anti-biotic medicine. Personally I think tobacco and alcohol are most dangerous. And seeing some very close people to me suffering from schizophrenia due to cannabis use at an early age, and later methamphetamine's. From my personal experience, I consider pharmaceuticals, especially 'downers' (Xanax etc) with heroin and alcohol as the 3 most dangerous in terms of causes of death, especially when the 3 are combined.

Amphetamines and psychoactive drugs such as LSD and cannabis are more dangerous to the mental health of a person, then actual risk of death from my experience and research. Although they still can be deadly.

All drugs have a purpose, when used correctly! Pharmaceuticals taken at the right dose, under medical supervision is very safe. Drugs of addiction cause dependence and tolerance, leading to overuse, and or accidental overdose.

Illegal street drugs are very dangerous. There is no official guidelines to the manufacturing of the drug, and therefore absolutely no idea of the strength, quality, ingredients and overall procedure, which really means a gamble with your life. Which many are willing to take.

Afternoon Mr President - what a super query from you there! To me, there's a sparkling double-thinking general right here, because of the fact from the record above it is evident that Alcohol is liable for greater deaths than different varieties of drugs, yet because is extensively available each and every the place you flow, it is labeled as being greater socially suited. besides the shown fact that, you purely ought to open the papers recently to make certain that further and further violent crimes are appropriate to alcohol abuse, and persons on the great interior the united kingdom are ingesting greater. Like different drugs too, what can start up out as entertainment use can exchange into dependancy - how lots of it is right down to genetics, social historical past etc i'm not sure, yet i grew to become into analyzing interior the paper that the quantity of uk people who're combating drink issues has rather long previous up interior the previous couple of years - and can at times look ahead to over a 300 and sixty 5 days to get the astonishing expert help. i like to have a drink indoors or flow out with my friends so i'm no longer pointing the finger or being a hypocrite right here - i'm conscious of the disadvantages of ingesting, and desire to attain this moderately, yet am purely too conscious of the slippery slide into alcoholism. My father lived and died an alcoholic, so i understand first hand the undesirable issues that alcohol would reason in human beings's lives. xxxxxx

Life. Life is the most dangerous drug. Firstly you enjoy it, you get pleasure, you have a lot of possibilities and it makes you depend on it. You cant live without it. And once you understand that the effect of the drug slightly ends and you get older and older. At the end the side effects appear, you dont enjoy life and you just wait these effects to disappear. When they disappear you die from overdose of that drug.

That is the most dangerous drug ever. All other "drugs" are just the way you increase the high from life.

The most dangerous drug is the TV people.

One that causes death in excess use or permanent damage to other bodily organs : Heroin, Meth Cocaine, even alcohol & Nicotine are dangerous drugs. Prescription drugs like Percodan or Vicodin can be dangerous when abused. The weed is not dangerous & at least has never caused any1 to rob a store for $$$ for pot.

Definition of:DANGEROUS DRUG,

Meaning a drug that's dangerous!

Source(s): COMMON SENSE!

an illegal drug. something you can get addicted to and potentially over use it. it affects your body in negative ways

• Alexander5 years agoReport

Don't you mean a "legal" drug? ie. alcohol, tobacco, painkillers, prescription opiates, caffeine, aspartame.

a dangerous is one that will kill you. Or cause serious damage to your body or brain. hope this helps!

a drug that damages you physically or mentally, and one that is either physically or mentally addicting... or both.

even if it's medicine {all medicine are drugs} it's only good in moderation.