Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsTennis · 1 decade ago

WTA Tokyo : Upsets already in the first round?

I cannot believe Pennetta lost to Vinci 6-1,6-2! What a pathetic score really,and Ivanovic again lost to Safarova 6-4,7-6! Anyone surprised at how badly they're playing?

Plus Kanepi and Bammer having been sucking real bad lately,dropping in rankings and barely seeing them win matches..they lost to Chang and Petkovic respectively 6-3,6-3 and 7-5,6-4

Who do you think will win WTA Tokyo,how far will Safina go?

Favorite Answer

First of all, I was really I mean REALLY shocked when Pennetta lost! I can't believe it! And about Ivanovic, I don't know what's going on with her the past few months. And about Safina, I am really hoping that she'll be able to defend her title. And oh, I think Sharapova will go far.

• Oh, I didn't even realize that it started today :)

I'm kind of excited now, ha. There goes the end of Pennetta's "top form" streak, all of those have to end soon, but I'm just surprised it happened against, Vinci. Kanepi has sucked for the longest time, probably since her QF 08 Roland Garros appearance. I'm surprised with Ana, I thought she'd go far in this tournament, it's sad. And Bammer recently beat Serena, usually that gives these gals confidence. Safina will probably make it to the quarters, and I'm gonna go out on another limb, and say Zvonareva FTW (though she'll probably lose in the first round too, lol).

:)

well its 12:05pm in the uk and i just woke up so i missed it all , but really they lost!

no not ivanoivc again!! :(

when is she gonna get her form back :(

im not sure who will win , but im rooting for sharapova! :D

ivanovic sucks now... =( =(, she is such a headcase, losing 1st round so often.