I am planning a trip with a 2.25 hour layover in Paris (CDG). What can i do with this time?

I have never traveled abroad, so I don't know if this is enough time to go do something outside the airport. I also do not know anything about customs, so I don't know if that would be an extra inspection. So my first question is if I would be able to get out for at least 1/2 an hour and still make my... show more I have never traveled abroad, so I don't know if this is enough time to go do something outside the airport. I also do not know anything about customs, so I don't know if that would be an extra inspection. So my first question is if I would be able to get out for at least 1/2 an hour and still make my flight.

If I can get out, what is there to do in the available time? I am interested in sight seeing and museums, or possibly buying a bottle of wine or a cup of coffee in a cafe.

Any insight?

how long before a flight I would need to arrive at this airport.