How to thoroughly clean an old house or apartment?

Ever since I moved into my apartment about a month ago I wake up each morning with blood shot and very puffy eyes. The building is from the early 1900's. I have cleaned the bathroom and kitchen thoroughly and try to vacuum 1 time a week. I cleaned the ceiling fan. So now I am thinking it might be in the walls... show more Ever since I moved into my apartment about a month ago I wake up each morning with blood shot and very puffy eyes. The building is from the early 1900's. I have cleaned the bathroom and kitchen thoroughly and try to vacuum 1 time a week. I cleaned the ceiling fan. So now I am thinking it might be in the walls or on the walls? How would I go about cleaning them?

Also I bought a humidifier and it doesn't seem to help much. Should I get my carpets steamed or professionally cleaned?

Any cleaning advice would be helpful!