Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I keep rethinking baby names!? My husband doesn't like anything...?

We're expecting our second child together. He has a daughter from a previous marriage, we have a 5 month old daughter together, and now we have another (unknown gender) on the way. With his first daughter, he got to pick the first name. He chose Naomi. Her mother picked the middle names: Mary Ann. Our daughter he wasn't any help on finding a name for but I told him from the very beginning that if it was a girl her name would be Meghan Elizabeth. Sure enough we had a girl, but while we were looking at boy names he just had no input.

It's the same this time around. We've almost settled on a boys name: Owen Nicholas, but now I'm rethinking it and not liking it as much.

The girl names I like are:

Meredith (Meri for short)

Demetria (Demi for short)

Gianna (Gia for short)

He doesn't like any, but he's also not suggesting any. What would you do?

What are some of your favorite names?

If it's a girl, her middle name will be Kelly after my sister. We've agreed on that much.

Favorite Answer

My husband and I are going through the same thing. (I'm pregnant with our third boy, and he did the same thing with our other two boys.)

Me: Do you like the name ______________?

Him: No.

Me: Why?

Him: I just don't. (or "Just because" or "I don't know.)

It's incredibly frustrating. It wouldn't be as bad if he could at least give me a reason WHY he doesn't like the name (i.e. He has an uncle named ___________ and he's a jerk, or a kid named _____________ used to beat him up in school, etc.) Saying, "I just don't." isn't good enough, lol.

I'm getting to the point where if he doesn't eventually pick a name that we both like, I'm just going to name the baby myself. Nothing he can do about it, honestly. They saw the baby come out of my vagina, so I have naming rights. Nobody can prove (immediately, anyway, lol) that he's the father.

For girls, I like Lauren, Elizabeth and Virginia.

• I really like Meredith Kelly from your list - it's very pretty and classy, and Meri or Mer is a cute nickname.

I don't really have any suggestions for you but to say that maybe you should get a baby names book and have him write down a few that he likes. Or you can make a list (a bit longer than just the three you have listed) of names you would be okay with, and have him cross out the ones he for sure does not like. Then you will at least somewhat have his input into things.

My favorite girl names: Violet, Audrey, Susanna, Clara, Vivienne, Eve, Paulina, Sonia, Theresa, Francesca, Charlotte, Katherine, Hannah, Anna, Juliet, Hazel, Prudence (Prue), Natalia, Chloe, Delilah, Gwendolen, Linnéa (li-NAY-uh), Althea (al-THEE-uh), Diana

Audrey Kelly

Tell him that if he isn't agreeing to your names, and if he isn't suggesting ones he would agree to, then you're going to choose it yourself whether he likes it or not. I wouldn't know anything about married life, though, so I don't know if my advice is any help.

Personally I like the Demetria one - but for a boy name I've always liked Christopher. I watched Winnie-the-Pooh when I was a little girl.

I like Demetria, if he wont help by thinking of names maybe buy a baby name book and u can through it together and pick out the names u both like :) and here are a few suggestions of names i like:

Charlotte (Charlie for short)

Madeline (Maddy for short)

Aurora (uh-roar-a)

Rose

Grace

i hope i helped :)

I like Gianna Kelly the best :)

how about:

Rachel Kelly

Rebecca Kelly (Becca)

Caroline Kelly (Cara)

Stephanie Kelly

Amanda Kelly (Mandy)

How about Coraline?

Not Caroline, or Cora.

Pronounce Cora-leen like Cara-leen but with Cora.

I like it. It's different but not weird.

I know a girl named Dimitra that goes by Dimi.

• ?

My husband is no help either, he'll just spout out random stupid names just so I stop asking him lol. Some of my fav names are Madeline, Joanna, Elise, Cameron, Gavin, and Liam.. my husband hates them all..

Tell him that he needs to make suggestions. It is unfair to reject your ideas without even trying to suggest something different. You are trying to be flexible to his wants but now he needs to put forth some effort.

How About:

Lovely Princess

Dianna

Erica

Kelly

Faith

Rose