What percentage of Plagiarism is accepted in British universities while submitting dissertation (thesis) ?

thanks for ur answer, little ev ! the reason why I asked this question because someone told me that (10 or 15% ) of Plagiarism is accepted. I m not going 2 submit any thesis. I just want to make sure if it's correct. I think I should have mentioned all this in details. anyway, thanks again !

Favorite Answer

There are two issues here... first is plagiarism (i.e. copying from another source without acknowledging it), this is certainly not tolerated at all.... so ZERO tolerance on this...!!!!

However, I think what you mean is the "Percentage of Plagiarism as detected by the plagiarism detection software (such as TurnItIn)".

Now the fact is that TurnITIn and similar software will never give a 0 plagiarism score, simply because some phrases in your essay/dssertation WILL match with some other documents on internet. Also, the quotations (even if they are properly referenced) are considered as copied by these software...

In this case therefore, it can be said that if a Plagiarism detection software shows arround 15% plagiarised work, it is generally acceptable by most universities.

Please see the following link for more help in dissertation/essay writing:

Percentage Of Plagiarism Accepted

what do you think !!! ZERO PERCENT !!!!!!!...............if you have to ask this sort of question, it shows that you are not suited to this level of study.