Which literary quote do you like best for tattoo?

I have so many quotes I like, and have narrowed it down to these. Would any of these look absolutely stupid as a tattoo?? Are any better than the others for placing on the back/shoulders? I'm having trouble picking just one, it was hard enough narrowing down to these! They all mean something to me, so I dont need the answers saying that I should pick what means the most cause they all do, I would just like opinions. Thanks!

"My witness is the empty sky" (jack kerouac)

"When the love of power becomes the power of love, the world will know peace" (jimi hendrix)

"To thine own self be true" (shakespeare)

"Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road" (walt whitman)

"there's a bluebird in my heart that

wants to get out

but I'm too tough for him,

I say, stay in there, I'm not going

to let anybody see

you." (buk)

"the weight of the world is love" (allen ginsberg)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i really like "My witness is the empty sky" that one is really good.

my order from fav to least is:::

-jack kerouac

-allen ginsberg

-walt whitman

-shakespeare

-buk

-jimi hendrix (i really dont like this one)

good luck :D

• 3 years ago

I have constantly cherished the poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by means of Robert Frost. It's variety of an eloquent method of claiming "$h!t occurs" and a reminder of the way swiftly matters can difference. That could more commonly be it. That, or "Never Give Up". A speech by means of The Dalai Lama. I do have a tattoo that's very similar to a literary one. I have a pink oval on my left chest that says "Made In Heaven". It appears like a rubber stamp and is a track by means of Queen and Freddie Mercury and likewise the final album Freddie was once a aspect of. It has very distinctive which means for me.

• to thine own self be true... I have a soft spot in my heart for old Willy.

But seriously, I think it would look the best inked, and it is the shortest, so cost effective as well!

Source(s): I have tatoos. The big ones cost more.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"When the love of power becomes the power of love, the world will know peace" (jimi hendrix)

All the way girl!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i don't know but they're all cool but i would go with the shortest quote to make the letter a little bigger than if you were to put in a longer quote ...that way you can make the smaller quote lettering look nicer

Source(s): am an artist
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

DEFINITELY JIMI HENDRIX!

its so honest and something i would not mind looking at everyday.

very inspirational!! go for it!

• 1 decade ago

I like

"to thine own self be true" :)

One quote I kind of like is:

"Love is my weapon"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.