T-Lee
T-Lee asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

SEC best conference in NCAA?

I just want to know who realizes this.

Favorite Answer

Me...

But when I see SEC what i really see is G-a-t-o-r B-a-i-t

GO GATORS!

PS- your going to recieve a lot of crap about this, but stay strong in your argument. Ole Miss was bound to fall, but trust me when I say that having Bama and UF in the top 3 like they are now will not be uncommon in the future, not to mention that they will always have teams like LSU not far behind. I also like how everyone including infamous USC fan Little Tsunami gave LSU crap for not beating WU by 40 when the Trojans could only score one td on them! While i hate most other teams in the SEC besides LSU and UF I still respect. Plus being 5-0 in BCS national championships pretty much speaks for itself considering the Pac10 is 1-1, and big 12 is 1-4 and Big 10 is 1-2... sooooo once again I ask where is the argument

Here come the thumbs down

I'm tired of hearing about how the Big 10 or the Pac 10 has won more championships than the SEC in the last 10 or 20 years.That is the point of this discussion,if Auburn,LSU,or Florida was not in the SEC you would have had 3 12-0 teams last year.Matter of fact LSU wouldn't have lost in at least 3 or 4 years.The whole conference is full of teams that are very good teams.Georgia in2005 are the only SEC champs to lose their Bowl in a while.

Its a shame they cant stay in the top 5 when ranked that high, with the exception of Florida. Florida is the only consistent respectable team, just like Texas is turning out to be in the Big 12. The other teams in both conferences seem to choke consistently.

• Becky

You can't really say. SEC has some very good teams, mediocre teams and some bad teams just like every conference. They do have more good teams that most other conferences but... way to subjective.

The SEC is very over rated. They might be the third best conference.

This is in responce to John H.

U of H "Cougar High" over OSU 45-35, so by your logic Confrence USA is better than the Big 12, so confrence USA is better than the SEC???? Dont think so

No, they might only be 3rd best this year.

Big-12 has had the most top 10 teams in the final poll the last two years straight.

Source(s): Oklahoma State > Georgia It's questions like these (not even a question) that make the SEC so loved by other fans.

Of course they are, but the Big 12 is a close second.

after the showing from one of the SEC's "better" teams in ole miss last night i wouldnt say they are the best.

NOPE. WAC IS!!