can i get portal for the mac?

i need portal for the apple imac instead of the pc or orange box with xbox, is it possible to get this game on mac or is it just pc and xbox?

Favorite Answer

No, sorry. In order to run portal (legally), you'll need the Steam gaming-platform. Which is a system that distributes the updates, game files and maintains customers for Valve games alongside a couple of hundred other game studios.

It has almost 900 available games, plus a large amount of seperate content like gamemods, demos and trailers.

There are currently 20 million steam users with a daily concurrent login peak of about 1.8 M.

The support wiki currently states:

Quote ( http://supportwiki.steampowered.com/wiki/Using_Ste... ):

Steam does not currently work on Mac Computers, and there are no plans to support the Mac operating system at this time. There are some Windows emulation tools like VirtualPC available that offer both Windows 2008 and Windows XP modes, but VirtualPC is unable to handle the game requirements.

Steam will load and download the games onto your drive, but the games will not run.

• reyna

I even have an identical subject and asked on Steam help. nevertheless I have no answer. i observed too that the subject replaced into AFTER the small replace (44MB supply or take). i've got tried changing each and every of the photographs settings and additionally the Portal rendering placing that i do no longer understand what it does besides. in the commencing up i presumed that replaced into on the subject count of my pc, because of the fact I even have a HACKintosh and that i do no longer very own a real Mac, however the aspects are very Mac like and that i do no longer use custom kernel or kexts (drivers). each and every thing is vanilla on my gadget. i will objective the parameter regardless of the incontrovertible fact that.

There is a Apple MAC portable OS version.

Have a look at below link.

http://portableapps.com/apps/operating_systems/mac...

Is this the thing you were looking for?