Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Do you like the name Lara for a girl?

I know some of you will say it sounds too much like Lara Croft but I dont mind. Other than that how do you like it?

• xoxo
    Favorite Answer

My sisters name is Laura its very cute I like Lara better though haha. And no one will asscociate it with lara croft its very old.

• Andrea

Stephanie Lara Anya Lara Valerie Lara Aubrie Lara Claire Lara Isabelle Lara Madelyn Lara Evelyn Lara

• vg61

I love Lara. I used to babysit for a girl named Lara. I forgot about Lara Croft until you mentioned it. My first thought was

of Lara in the movie, Dr. Zhivago. If you haven't seen the movie, I suggest you rent it or borrow it from the library. It is a classic. And Julie Christie is so beautiful as Lara. Lara is a gorgeous name. I think the little girl, I babysat for, was named Lara Jean. I think it's a really beautiful name.The characters associated with it, Lara Antipova & Lara Croft, are both strong & beautiful woman characters, so if anyone does think of them, it would be a positivie connection. I would use it. My choice would be Lara Michelle, which I think is a beautiful name. Just my humble thoughts & opinions. *:)

• I like it, I think its pretty and feminine and Lara Croft is gettin kinda old now so I don't think that many people will associate it with her :)

my sisters middle name is Lara and i think its gorgous! i never even think of Lara Croft when i hear it :)

Lara is my friends sister's name.. it's cute, but a lot of people mistake it for laura, lol

Lara is great, very romantic. Better than Catriona

i love it!!

whos lara croft

( i am gen Y, am i sposed to know?)

laras a hell pretty name

if ur pregnant call ur baby lara, its one of my favourites!!

• I think it is a beautiful feminine name for a little girl, a teen and an adult. It works!

Meh. I prefer Laura.