Nina asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What is name of these three 90s romantic movies?

I have tried to find them a couple of years now, but without luck. I don't remember who is starring either, or if these are TV-movies or film movies. Help me please!

1st movie:

A man is kidnapped by a lady. She holds him trapped in her own house. The man was bound to the bed with handcuffs and chains. she toyed him around in the house. And then he finally got loose, he found out that she has fallen for him. then he fallen for her too. LOL

If I don't remember wrong, it was starring by Nicholas Cage.

2nd movie:

This one is a typical Teen Romantic movie at the 80s / 90s. it is about a young man who was in the marine (or in military or something like that). There was a girl nearby the place where the military service was, who liked him. But the thing was that she had a special face/appearance. So, all of the boys there made fool of her. And they knew that she liked him, so they made a bet about if him could made her to attend the prom. And then the movie go on like other such movies do. I don't remember the movie in detail.

3th movie:

This is the teen and modern version of Shakespare's Romeo & Juliet. And then I don't talking about the Leonardo Dicaprio version.

The story is about two highschoolers who fallen for each other. He, a hocky player (?), and she, a figure skater. They come from two families who stand at their ends of the policy. That is all I remember from this movie.

Sorry for the lacking English.

2nd one is not now-timed movie. its not a comedy, just a romance. and please notice "marine".

so it is not 10tihng i hate about you or a other teen movie, sorry.

Favorite Answer

1) I'm not certain about this one. I can think of some with similarities but not one that really matches closely. In "Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down" (1990), a young man (Antonio Banderas) keeps a drug-addicted actress (Victoria Abril) as his captive, having once been her lover before he was committed to a mental institution. By the time he releases her, now cured, they are in love; she finally remembers their time together.

However, I can't find a similar story in which the roles are reversed, at least not yet.

2) Dogfight (1991)

starring River Phoenix, Lili Taylor

IMDb synopsis:

It is 1963, the night before 18-year-old "Birdlace" Eddie and his friends are shipped to Vietnam as U.S. Marines. They play a dirty game called 'Dogfight': Each seeks a woman for a party; whoever finds the ugliest one, wins a prize. Eddie encounters lonesome pacifist Rose working in a coffee shop. She's happy to accompany him, but then she sees through the game. However, by this time, he has learned to like her, so he follows her home. Will he manage to win her heart despite their differences?

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTPkLUf9c10

Youtube thumbnail

3) I agree with the others:

The Cutting Edge (1992)

starring D.B. Sweeney, Moira Kelly, Roy Dotrice, Terry O'Quinn, Dwier Brown

IMDb synopsis:

At the 1988 Winter Olympics at Calgary we see Doug Dorsey battered in a vicious hockey game against West Germany. We then see a Kate doing her program and falling when a lift goes bad. Both have fought all their life to get to the Olympics and suddenly the dream has been shattered. The movie then follows a tempermental but talented figure skater Kate through many partners until finally her coach resorts to recruiting a hockey player. Through the difficult training of 15 hours of skating a day they finally prepare for Nationals and the Olympics. A romance is budding and their final show could bend or break them as they try to achieve their dreams of an Olympic Gold medal.

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrnd-rO456Q

Youtube thumbnail

I'll keep looking around for a match to No. 1.

I don't know the names of the movies, sorry, but I know that the first one is absolutely not Misery. She crippled him. There were no chains and handcuffs. He was in the bed because she was keeping him from getting better after his car accident. He did not fall for her in that movie.

• bowen

The first is "Misery" and the third is "Cutting Edge". Am not sure if I've seen the second movie described but my guess is it could be "Not Another Teen Movie"

1. misery 2. ten things i hate about you 3. cutting edge

1st was misery