Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

could this be nutrition deficiency?

well i havent been exactly eating healthy, just junkfood and sodas

the skin on my feet start to dry and peel over large areas, my face is showing signs of discoloration (lighter and darker spots) and i have dark dark bags under my eyes, i have diarrhea and constant stomach aches

Favorite Answer

Hi,

After reading your question I saw you were interested in optimizing your nutrition [(-:] so I thought I would give you some pointers I have learned the hard way from my own bad 'uninformed' choices so you could learn about good advice and bad advice.

A ‘reference’ diet plan is given below in PS1 that I have found to be the best possible nutrition for me to cure my heart disease problem from too many carbs for too long. It is also the best diet to help with my present health issues - that I know are cholesterol and calcium related because these foods are triggers for me now.

I used to be an old advocate of Atkins diet before I knew what I now know, so nowadays I do not recommend Atkins high protein and fat diet for long term but would always recommend a "high- nutrition" 96% VEGAN diet replacing most meat with lentils - but many people will not do this. Sooo even though I give a diet plan in PS1 below, let me share a little first to help you understand how losing and gaining weight can best be done to be stronger and healthier for the long term.

You may already know this but if not let me first explain that keeping to a plan that fights against bad habits that might be on the verge of seriously tearing down your body is sometimes pretty tough - but being fit and strong versus being overweight and/or sickly is all about (1) how many calories you eat versus how many you burn and (2) IF your calories are primarily the BEST QUALITY PROTEINS or primarily junk sugar-carbs.

Please consider that it is not just how few cabs and fats and how much lean protein you eat in order to become 'stronger,' but how many absorbable non-toxic vitamin and minerals are obtained from the protein or fats you would eat.

For instance, egg whites have 89% protein, but egg whites are similar in its nutrition per calorie as to eating sweet corn that usually has only about 15% protein. So even though the higher protein egg whites ‘look’ good IF ALL you look at is the protein content, it is really not much better for you than sweet corn.

Not good if you understand that they identified the pellagra problem in the 1930’s south was the result of the high calories and minimal amounts of vitamins and minerals caused by a diet of primarily sweet corn. [See: <> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellagra <>] This disease has identical long term health effects as the scurvy and beriberi problems that are also a result of eating too many calories with not enough nutrients. They cured pellagra in dogs by giving them liver and brewers yeast, but the problem with these are the long term effects of cholesterol in the liver and the short term toxic effects of elemental copper in the brewers yeast that is the rust residue from the vats the yeast is grown in.

A similar lesser nutrition choice would be when eating tenderloin versus spinach. Boiled spinach has about 56% protein to beef tenderloin’s 61% protein, but spinach has almost 700%, or seven times, the vitamin and minerals of tenderloin calorie per calorie. The problem with spinach is that the spinach calories would cost about ten times the cost of beef calories. Spending $50 per day to eat several pounds of spinach may make any animal as strong as an elite triple-crown race horse, but few people can afford to spend that much for their food - so meat protein is what people typically consume. Even so, many longevity experts like Roy L. Walford, M.D. and Joel Fuhrman M. D. encourage their clients to eat 200 calories of leafy greens a day - which would cost about $10 per day but it is a small price to pay when considering the strength, longevity, and good health it would promote.

Take a few minutes to understand ‘good’ nutritional advice versus poor advice and I hope you will have learned something from my ‘mistakes’ that will soon help you along your way.

<><

My best to you and for your good health,

A1

[(-:]

PS1 – This is my diet plan since I became a 96% VEGAN:

+

Your body's fat with no water in it has 9 calories per gram which is about 4091 calories per pound of fat. The number usually used for body fat is 3500 calories which ‘assumes’ 14.4% water in an average person’s fat, but this would depend upon if you ate salty or spicy foods a-lot before you would start a new regimen. Protein is 4 calories per gram whether you eat it or burn it from your own body, so if you burn your own your muscles will never have a-lot of cells that are decades old ‘if’ you stay active. I choose to lose 2 pounds a week by reducing 500 calories a day and adding exercise five times a week to burn 700 extra calories each time. Walking is 80 cal/mile for a 150 pound person and 110 cal/mile for 200 pounds. Also, you will lose a lot of water weight when you eliminate salt and spicy foods, probably about four to five to ten pounds the first two weeks.

+

To minimize the meat-cholesterol in my own diet I have seen that the requirements of B12 can only be obtained from eating 4 ounces of beef heart every 4 days for 16% Cholesterol, or 4 oz of beef round steak every 2 days for 11% Cholesterol, or 4 oz of beef liver every 30 days for 4% Cholesterol. Soo I suppose I am a 96% VEGAN in order to satisfy the Fed’s present B12 Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA).

I crock pot for 12 hours ground up beef heart and eat it with lentils and spinach in one meal to improve the foods passage through my gut to the stool and to buffer my digestion/elimination since eating meat alone ‘used_to’ cause reddish stools for me.

For each 1400 calorie day I eat 100 calories of squeeze drained spinach with a light_sugar_vinaigrette, 600 cals from 15 ozs of organic lentils w/ 100 cals of tomato marinara, or since I might be allergic in my gut to tomatoes I recently began using onion flakes instead of tomatoes, [SEE<>http://www.tomatocasual.com/2008/03/01/tomato-alle... <>], 75 calories of boiled celery, 175 calories of boiled broccoli, 100 calories of sesame seeds, and no_more_than 200 calories of ‘meat’ which is about 4 ozs, and rarely rarely chicken, since chicken has only ~68% the nutrition per calorie of properly grown lentils and 6% the B12 of beef. Beef heart has ~127% the nutrition per calorie of ‘organically’ grown lentils and organic spinach has ~500%, five times per calorie.

Again, I hope this helps you or others to understand good choices.

A1

PS2 - I posted ‘my_story’ and why I know what I know at:

Source(s): <> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200909... <> PS3 - I currently feel that what Dr. Fuhrman MD teaches is the best nutritional information available in the nation. http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/cat-low-carb-... http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/vegetables-and-... + http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice... http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ http://www.foodnews.org/index.php Again, I hope you consider my mistakes and would not duplicate them, OK?

it is actually kinda hard to say just by what you wrote. but you definitely need to adjust your diet, I know junk food are cheap and sometime we want to save money but in the long run you will be wasting that money on trying to loose weight or hospital because of sickness. too much sodium from soda is not good for you at all not even the diet soda because those have even more sodium. best drink is from God and it's Water, surprise? don't be afraid to drink it, now you need lots of it, especially first thing in the morning, and at least 64 oz a day that's what everybody needs if you are not doing that oh well.

Source(s): Unless you read you don't know what you are missing, http://www.articleuser.com

I believe any multivitamin could aid. Any unmarried diet isn't well to take since a few of them may also be poisonous if you're taking an excessive amount of. Another factor that explanations brittle nails is low thyroid so that you would need to cross to a health care provider and get that checked.

yes. Soda is high in sodium. this may be why your feet are peeling, you are dehydrating yourself, well, maybe. Can you add in a salad to your diet 4-5 time a week and switch 2 sodas a day with tea or water?

Just eat healthy stuff! Dont drink too many sodas!

It could be.