Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 decade ago

weres your favorite quotes?

all sorts.

• Jo W
    Favorite Answer

These are all my favorites -

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES -

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” - Anatole France

“Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.” - Pamela Vaull Starr

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

“Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” - Thomas Alva Edison

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” - Albert Einstein

“He is able who thinks he is able.” - Buddha

“Recognition is the greatest motivator.” - Gerard C. Eakedale

“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.” - Albert Einstein

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” - Zig Ziglar

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” - Confucius

“One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Drink to me” - Pablo Picasso

SAD/HEARTBROKEN QUOTES -

“Though lovers be lost love shall not.” - Dylan Thomas

“He's also there for people who have lost loved ones.” - Don McClure

“Parting is all we know of heaven, and all we need of hell.” - Emily Dickinson

“To be with a man who hasn't tried every line, who hasn't broken up with a woman every which way you can break up with them, is kind of nice.” - Uma Thurman

“It's afterwards you realize that the feeling of happiness you had with a man didn't necessarily prove that you loved him” - Marguerite Duras

LOVE QUOTES -

“Came but for friendship, and took away love.” - Thomas Moore

“Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.” - Swedish Proverb

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” - A. A. Milne

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” - Judy Garland

“True love always makes a man better, no matter what woman inspires it” - Alexandre Dumas Père

“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” - Arthur Rubinstein

“Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never.” - Charles Caleb Colton

“Woman reaches love through friendship; man reaches friendship through love” - Mohammed Hijazi

“I love you,

Not only for what you are,

But for what I am

When I am with you.

I love you,

Not only for what

You have made of yourself,

But for what

You are making of me.

I love you

For the part of me

That you bring out;

I love you

For putting your hand

Into my heaped-up heart

And passing over

All the foolish, weak things

That you can’t help

Dimly seeing there,

And for drawing out

Into the light

All the beautiful belongings

That no one else had looked

Quite far enough to find.

I love you because you

Are helping me to make

Of the lumber of my life

Not a tavern

But a temple;

Out of the works

Of my every day

Not a reproach

But a song.

I love you

Because you have done

More than any creed

Could have done

To make me good

And more than any fate

Could have done

To make me happy.

You have done it

Without a touch,

Without a word,

Without a sign.

You have done it

By being yourself.

Perhaps that is what

Being a friend means,

After all.” - Roy Croft

“I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.” - Pietro Aretino

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” - Roy Croft

“You're my sweetheart to the max. I love you like Crispy Critters.” - Wesley Willis

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” - William Arthur Ward

“You taught me to love fearlessly and to open up my heart. I've never known anyone like you. I love you to no end.” - Phil Martin

“Some people never say the words 'I love you'. It's not their style to be so bold. Some people never say those words: 'I love you' But, like a child, they're longing to be told.” - Paul Simon

LIFE QUOTES -

“The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” - Robert Flatt

“Once they move, they're gone. Once you move, life starts over again.” - Jim Hinkle

“When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of a

Source(s): Quotesdaddy.com/quote/103577/brad-johnson/and-so-they-wait-mothers-wives-and-daughters-wait Quotesdaddy.com/quote/251498/william-jefferson/i-tell-folks-all-the-time-im-glad-i-was-able-to-start Quotesdaddy.com/quote/77089/bernice-johnson-reagon/lifes-challenges-are-not-supposed-to-paralyze-you Quotesdaddy.com/quote/1387057/tony-g/the-longest-journey-through-life-is-down-the-path Quotesdaddy.com/quote/1174718/abraham-lincoln/and-in-the-end-its-not-the-years-in-your-life-that Quotesdaddy.com/quote/140313/byrd-baggett/look-at-life-through-the-windshield-not-the-rear-view Quotesdaddy.com/quote/232683/w-m-lewis/the-tragedy-of-life-is-not-that-it-ends-so-soon-but Quotesdaddy.com/quote/920301/john-lennon/life-is-what-happens-to-you-while-youre-busy-making Quotesdaddy.com/quote/57247/arthur-rubinstein/i-have-found-that-if-you-love-life-life-will-love Quotesdaddy.com/quote/48719/anthony-robbins/most-people-fail-in-life-because-they-major-in-minor

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Japanese proverb

The future depends on what we do in the present.

Mahatma Gandhi

Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.

Albert Einstein

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be.

Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Inspiration and genius--one and the same.

Victor Hugo

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.

Ralph Blum

To find what you seek in the road of life,

the best proverb of all is that which says:

"Leave no stone unturned."

Edward Bulwer Lytton

Men do less than they ought, unless they do all they can.

Thomas Carlyle

Let they words be few.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 from Words of Wisdom

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.

Leon J. Suenes

The power of imagination makes us infinite.

John Muir

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.

Epictetus

Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.

George Herman "Babe" Ruth

Source(s): Try to search "Inspirational quotes"

howdy i think of those are some exceptionally solid ones. combat club ''If i had a tumor i noted because it marla'' ''in basic terms after disaster do we be resurrected'' ''howdy, you created me. i did no longer create some loser adjust-ego to make myself sense extra advantageous. Take some duty!'' Cowboy bebop ''starvation is the wonderful spice they are asserting'' '' i'm Jet Black, 36 years old. i'm many times advised i do no longer look 36, yet you need to no longer decide human beings according to appearances... or on how plenty hair they have. it quite is my Favo:)! "each and every thing has a commencing up and an end. existence is in basic terms a cycle of starts and prevents. There are ends we don't need, yet they are inevitable, we ought to constantly face them. this is what being human is all approximately.'' Ah what the heck one extra :P this one is great to. ''Spike Spiegel: inspect my eyes, Faye. considered one of them is a pretend because of the fact I lost it in an twist of destiny. because then, i've got been seeing the previous in a single eye and the present in the different. So, i presumed i ought to in basic terms see patches of actuality, in no way the full image. I felt like i replaced into staring at a dream i could in no way awaken from. in the previous I knew it, the dream replaced into over.'' desire you cherished them. better of luck, Dylan

• Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. James Dean

A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for. John A. Shedd

The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy. Jim Rohn

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. Dr. Seuss

Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old. Jonathan Swift

Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light. Norman B. Rice

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. Elisabeth Foley

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. Les Brown

You learn to like someone when you find out what makes them laugh, but you can never truly love someone until you find out what makes them cry. Author Unknown

Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it. Swedish Proverb

Love your enemies. It makes them so damned mad. P.D. East

Don't look where you fall, but where you slipped. African Proverb

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. Lao-Tzu

He who has nothing to die for has nothing to live for. Moroccan Proverb

You only live once; but if you live it right, once is enough. Adam Marshall

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. Buddha

Have a nice day! :)

"The thing is man, be yourself, because if you're not yourself, you're nobody!" Fee Waybill from the Movie "Ladies and Gentlemen the Fabulous Stains" written by Nancy Dowd

"Everybody wants to go to Heaven but Nobody wants to die" Barry Ford - who plays Lawnboy - from the Movie "Ladies and Gentlemen the Fabulous Stains" written by Nancy Dowd

"Come see me and come live with me are two different things." Barry Ford - who plays Lawnboy - from the Movie "Ladies and Gentlemen the Fabulous Stains" written by Nancy Dowd

"When your dream dies, you die!" Michael Nouri playing Nick in "Flashdance".

"Remember no man is a failure who has Friends." Clarence Oddbody - Angel (1st Class) "It's a Wonderful Life".

I can recall a million more from Movies.

F A I L is 4 letters

W I N is 3

I'd rather win rather than lose!

"Show me your friends, I'll show you your future."

"As long as I have a face, you will always have a place to sit."

• Rosey

"Fear can hold you prisoner, but Hope can set you free"- Shawshank Redemption.

"Nothing is as simple as we Hope it to be"- Jim Horning

Great results cannot be achieved at once; and we must be satisfied to advance in life as we walk, step by step. - Samuel Smiles

"Reach for the stars, because if you fall, you land on a cloud".

"

"Don't waste your time or time will waste you"

its quite true..

Muse- Knights of Cydonia