What should be my pen name to write fiction novels with?

I am looking for a pen name that has no first name. It is basically two first intials and a last name, like R.L. Stine or S.E. Hinton, etc. but I'd like for the pen name to sound as if it could be a woman or a man, seeing as it will make it easier to market.

Basically, I write young adult fiction novels with both male and female protagonists and am getting ready to start publishing. I don't want someone to fear that I can't write a decent story about a male because my name sounds like a woman or that I can't write a female well because my name sounds masculine.

Any suggestions would be lovely.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Blair Howard

J.M. Stinson

Madison Spencer

T.C. Collins

D.M. Elliott

A.T. Perez

B.P. Jimenez

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You don't necessarily need to use initials. I suggest something like Bumbly McBrode. With a name like that no one can discern whether you are male or female.

• I like the sound of T W Bertram. Try this site- www.seventhsanctum.com you may have already used it but it has loads of different name generators - just keep generating until you find one for you!

the best of luck!

• 1 decade ago

Try a Japanese name, like Yukamito, or something. I can NEVER tell if it's a guy or girl from those names. It's weird, but can YOU tell if it's a guy or girl either?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.