What should be my pen name to write fiction novels with?

I am looking for a pen name that has no first name. It is basically two first intials and a last name, like R.L. Stine or S.E. Hinton, etc. but I'd like for the pen name to sound as if it could be a woman or a man, seeing as it will make it easier to market.

Basically, I write young adult fiction novels with both male and female protagonists and am getting ready to start publishing. I don't want someone to fear that I can't write a decent story about a male because my name sounds like a woman or that I can't write a female well because my name sounds masculine.

Any suggestions would be lovely.

Best Answer

Blair Howard

J.M. Stinson

Madison Spencer

T.C. Collins

D.M. Elliott

A.T. Perez

B.P. Jimenez

You don't necessarily need to use initials. I suggest something like Bumbly McBrode. With a name like that no one can discern whether you are male or female.

• I like the sound of T W Bertram. Try this site- www.seventhsanctum.com you may have already used it but it has loads of different name generators - just keep generating until you find one for you!

the best of luck!

Try a Japanese name, like Yukamito, or something. I can NEVER tell if it's a guy or girl from those names. It's weird, but can YOU tell if it's a guy or girl either?