There's a classless jerk on R&S running around publicly calling me a liar because he doesn't believe I was?

cured of blindness when I was young. I've told my story here a few times here, when it seems appropriate to someone's question, about how when I was a child I had an illness that nearly killed me. When I woke up out of a coma, I was partially blind, and stayed that way for 11 years. It was no fun. I doubted God, but I didn't disbelieve entirely. I left myself open to all possibilities. After many years, I did come to realize that God exits, and so I wanted a Church to go to. I said a prayer asking God to show me..and immediately learned about the Greek Orthodox Church, so went to visit. The instant I set foot on the property of that Church, that partial blindness was lifted off my eyes. I was dumbfounded, awe-struck...afraid of what would happen if I stepped back off..! But it was my clue...spiritually speaking. This is documented in my medical record..It's just something that happened to me.

So this guy read it in a post recently and emailed me to say it was interesting and asked me to tell him more...so I did. Then he emailed me to demand "proof." He claims it was an inquiry, but it was a bullying demand. I informed him that it was OK with me if he didn't believe my story...that I had not told it to convince him of anything and he was free to believe or not believe, and that I thought it was inappropriate to share my private medical record with a stranger online..so I wouldn't be doing that (which he interpreted as angry and defensive...but to me it just seems sensible...!).

So now he is posting public questions about how I am a liar, and blocked him when he "inquired," like as if I would want to talk to someone who insults me, calls me a liar..and tries to bully me. I think he just wants to bully me into shutting up because he doesn't

story or want it to be true, or maybe his feelings were hurt when I thought better of turning my private medical record over to a complete stranger......and thinks he can publicly insult me into shutting up...Of course, all that does is make me go more public...(as in this post).

I know, long story, but here's the question: what should I do about this classless, disrespectful jerk... Any ideas, suggestions, insights? I'm at a loss for what's best. Well I have a few ideas, but we won't go there....for now. Thanks. I really appreciate your help here. How do you handle classless jerks?

Okay, for the guy with no legible name: the question is posted at the bottom of the post.

Anonymous Viking: you misread. I HAVE medical records with this documented in them. I don't think it's appropriate for some guy to demand to see my private medical records. The fact that I'm not sharing them with a jerk doesn't mean they don't exist. They're there...

nikjacru: Perhaps to help me be sure of where I am spiritually...Remember the story in the Bible about how Christ made eyes out of clay for a man born blind. People couldn't understand that either, until Christ explained it was so the works of God could be made manifest... I am SO thankful I had to endure that illness and blindness, because it lead me to a Church I have never once needed to consider changing..I'm sure of where I am spiritually in relation to God. How about you.

mia: thanks for the insight. My stories are usually too long...but my writing style doesn't make them wrong...good point though. Thanks

Believer: Oh thank you! Just what I needed to hear!!

And Enligh: psychological distress did not cause my coma and blindness; remember: medical record.. why do you want to appease disbelievers with deception.... And so, you're saying God is Love and I experienced Love that caused me to see, but it wasn't necessarily God, even though God is Love: non-sensical. Either God is Love and so it was He, or God isn't Love. Which are you saying. You can't have it both ways, no matter how politely you try.

Again Enlighe: Freud had a grand total of 6 patients in his entire career. He saw each of those 6 patients for only one hour--over his whole career....each one once for one hour. He did not have a career of offering psychological counseling. He had a career of making up weird theories of human sexuality based on those six hours on interaction with those 6 women. Maybe that's why modern day therapists don't go by Freud's theories.

Orthodoxy is Truth: Thank you so much for the reminder. I have prayed for this guy. Things will become "clear" to him someday... I just really don't like that he is publicly calling me a liar when he certainly has no proof...

Zena e, thank you, so well thought out and presented.

Christian Army of One: (I love your name!) I do pray for this guy now, and all the people who chimed in with him to slander me. God will be working on them. I, too, have seen it happen at least a thousand times...I've even had a few people recall what they did to me when they later had occasion to "repent....." Thank you for your post and encouragement.

Best Answer

All I can say is stay strong and ignore him, I have a youtube account (as you know http://www.youtube.com/OrthodoxyIsTruth) and many many people do the same, they try to engage in a discussion, and whenever I present plausible information they suddenly turn into some kind of animal that is the very abomination of rudeness and all of their human qualities go out the window while unintelligence and grammar mistakes take over. I have grown tired of these conversations and usually try to avoid them because usually when you argue with a fool, he wil bring you down to his level and beat you (thats a famous one), but whenever I do get into one for the sake of just doing it, I end up very frustrated because the information I present doesn't seem to go through their heads, they find every possible excuse to dissmiss this info (to my surprise, most of these people are Protestant Christians), which makes it even more frustrating as they claim to have found "JESUS" and that "everything" in Orthodoxy is either "wrong or evil"....

I feel your pain, these people are just internet bullies, I never knew that they actually existed, but God forgive them, they know not what they do, when you come in contact with one, you just can't help but to think in amazement that such "people" actually inhabit this planet, how dark their soul is, and how miserable their life must be for them to resort to this kind of behavior (though they don't know any better, and do not realize their misery).

I've also had plenty hate messages from atheists, satanists, protestants, evangelicals, etc...

Just pray to God for forgiveness..

As in the words of Saint Isaac the Syrian

"Be persecuted, rather than be a persecutor. Be crucified, rather than be a crucifier. Be treated unjustly, rather than treat anyone unjustly. Be oppressed, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice."

He has vented his anger because the truth of your story may have threatened his beliefs. No matter, you can let this anger flow through you by knowing it has nothing to do with you.

Now about your story. For those Atheists, it is possible for psychological distress to cause a variety of physiological symptoms, including blindness. Freud became famous for curing paralysis through psychological counseling.

What is important here is not whether or not God directly created a cure. It is that the feeling you experienced changed something that allowed you to see. Just as anger can be felt in a room, love and peace can be felt in a space as well. That people come together in a church to share a feeling of love and the symbol for that love is God, is what is significant. God=Love and is a symbol for a kind of love that is experienced deep within.

Proof is besides the point. What is true for you is that a place that represents love gave you what you needed to see. Those who discount the power of love or disavow the concept of infinite love might see this as an example of what is right about spiritual thought and those who gather to share in these concepts.

Listen honey, people like that have a hard time admitting that God exists, don't worry about it. I have been the recipient of so many miracles it would take all day to name them! Do not let this person win by stealing your joy and awe over your miracle, instead lets pray that he is on the receiving end of a miracle that he cannot deny. Grace and peace to you.

Two Blind Men

Matt 9:27-31 (web)

As Jesus passed by from there, two blind men followed him,

calling out and saying, "Have mercy on us, son of David!"

When he had come into the house, the blind men came to him.

Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?"

They told him, "Yes, Lord."

Then he touched their eyes, saying,

"According to your faith be it done to you."

Their eyes were opened.

Jesus strictly charged them, saying,

"See that no one knows about this."

But they went out and spread abroad his fame in all that land.

http://www.bcbsr.com/survey/jcm16.html\

John 9 .1-9

1 As he passed by he saw a man blind from birth.

2

2 His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"

3

Jesus answered, "Neither he nor his parents sinned; it is so that the works of God might be made visible through him.

4

We have to do the works of the one who sent me while it is day. Night is coming when no one can work.

5

While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

6

When he had said this, he spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva, and smeared the clay on his eyes,

7

and said to him, "Go wash 3 in the Pool of Siloam" (which means Sent). So he went and washed, and came back able to see.

8

His neighbors and those who had seen him earlier as a beggar said, "Isn't this the one who used to sit and beg?"

9

Some said, "It is," but others said, "No, he just looks like him." He said, "I am."

10

So they said to him, "(So) how were your eyes opened?"

11

He replied, "The man called Jesus made clay and anointed my eyes and told me, 'Go to Siloam and wash.' So I went there and washed and was able to see."

12

And they said to him, "Where is he?" He said, "I don't know."

13

They brought the one who was once blind to the Pharisees.

14

Now Jesus had made clay 4 and opened his eyes on a sabbath.

15

So then the Pharisees also asked him how he was able to see. He said to them, "He put clay on my eyes, and I washed, and now I can see."

16

So some of the Pharisees said, "This man is not from God, because he does not keep the sabbath." (But) others said, "How can a sinful man do such signs?" And there was a division among them.

http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/john/john9.htm

EXAMPLE.. SOME CALLED JESUS A SINFUL MAN

Dont Worry about that person.. Some even called Jesus a Sinful man

for healing..and not keeping the Sabbath..

( Some Call this man Blind Bartimaus)

http://www.easyenglish.info/bible-study/jesus-life...

You are Blessed and a Miracle.

Yes Miracles happen and people are blessed.

Mark 8:18 >>

NIV© Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don't you remember?

http://bible.cc/mark/8-18.htm

Many Miracles in Bible , and they Still Happen.

Hebrews 13:5–9 (ESV)

5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we can confidently say,

“The Lord is my helper;

I will not fear;

what can man do to me?”

7 Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you

.Bible

IC XC NIKA

Kyrie Eleison, Kyrie Eleison, Kyrie Eleison

Greek Orthodox Christian

The Truth Shall Make You Free...

John 8:32 (King James Version)

32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+8...

Ignore him. He's the one with the problem. he just can't face the fact that miracles do happen. Jesus never debated the truth, He spoke it and then moved on. He always left it up to the listener to believe or not. If not, He moved on to more fertile ground.

By allowing them to reveal themselves. I think the people whose opinions I care about would tend to find someone who labels people they don't know, and stories they are not a party to, as "lies" pretty much labels themselves as someone not worth much regard.

Stay classy.

You have a lot f things in your story that are not provable, so how do you know it was God that did it. Maybe it would have happen at that time if you went through the door of Wal-Mart. Trust the Word f God, not your experiences of life.

Don't worry about the one classless jerk when many more will be touched by your story.

Source(s): @Mr. Derp - Very classy sir.

I ignore them. There will always be naysayers for everything. They can rant and rave all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that you were healed.

I don`t know...stay mad at him because he doesn`t believe your story. I don`t particularly buy it either. At least not the implication that God healed your eyes. It only begs the question; Why would this God fellow almost kill you, put you in a coma, and make you partially blind in the first place?