Is a Rent to Own house a viable option?

I have been forced to leave my home and rent it out and live in a rental myself to save money. We don't want to lose or sell our home and never be able to buy one again. We can't afford a realtor, have basically zero equity in our home and my credit has dropped from like a 750 to a 550 with all maxed out... show more I have been forced to leave my home and rent it out and live in a rental myself to save money. We don't want to lose or sell our home and never be able to buy one again. We can't afford a realtor, have basically zero equity in our home and my credit has dropped from like a 750 to a 550 with all maxed out credit cards and ridiculous amounts of debt. I have literally zero cash to put down and couldn't even switch rentals because I cant afford the deposit. I make around $50k per year and now live several hours away from my home. What can I do? My debt-to-income is way out of wack for conventional loans and I would no longer qualify for an FHA loan as I already own a home and even if I sell it, I would have to wait several years. Could I possibly sell my home through a rent to own with a company and use that future equity and the deposit that the leasor gives to use to put a deposit on a home for myself to rent to own?
9 answers 9