Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 1 decade ago

Country fans: Who's the better vocalist--Carrie Underwood or Gretchen Wilson? Why?

Also, who's the all-around better artist? When answering this part, think of who's the better vocalist, who's the better songwriter, etc.

BQ: What's your favorite Carrie Underwood song?

BQ2: What's your favorite Gretchen Wilson song?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Dan M
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

technically, carrie is the better vocalist, however gretchen is a better writer.

i have never seen carrie perform live, but from what i have heard, gretchen may take her in that category too. gretchen put on one of the most high energy shows i have ever seen and it was just a hell of a lot of fun.

favorite carrie song: all american girl

favorite gretchen song: rebel child

• 1 decade ago

I think Carrie Underwood has a better singing voice. I never really cared for Gretchen Wilson's music. If Carrie would write her own music, she would be even better I think! My favorite Carrie Underwood song is Cowboy Casanova. One of the only songs from Gretchen Wilson I know is Redneck Woman I think its called.

• 1 decade ago

Personally, I like Carrie Underwood's voice and songs much better. I don't care for Gretchen Wilson's voice or her songs.

BQ: As usual, I can't pick just one. I love Jesus, Take the Wheel and Some Hearts.

BQ2: None-Sorry!

Source(s): Just my opinion
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would have to say Carrie Underwood, even though I'm not a fan. I think she beats out Gretchen in the vocal department. But I like Gretchen better.

BQ: Jesus take the wheel

BQ2: When i think about cheatin'

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Are you kidding?

Carrie Underwood, hands down. She blows Gretchen away.

My favorite Carrie song The Night Before, Wasted, and Just A Dream. I like a lot more though. :)

• Ruth
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

True country music fans prefer Kellie Pickler because she actually sings country music. Carrie Underwood is a pop singer who passes herself off as country.

• 1 decade ago

although i hate to give credit to a vegetarian and a pop singer i would have to say Carrie Underwood....only cause she has a higher range and can sing pretty good....but for all other category's i would say Gretchen Wilson is better i like her music wayyy better....my fav carrie underwood song is currently Cowboy Casanova....its strange but i kinda like it....fav Gretchen Wilson song is Skoal Ring...cause i like to chew

• Jess
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Carrie Underwoods amazing. I love her voise 110%.

She sounds like an angel. I've never really cared for Gretchen tbh.

My faveourite Carrieunderwood song/s has to be:

so small

all american girl

dont forget to remember me

• Me
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Carrie Underwood So Small http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUtFEKhtB30

Youtube thumbnail

Gretchen Wilson Work Hard Play Harder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASq-UZnErB0

Youtube thumbnail

I personally think Carrie Underwood is the best all around entertainer of those two ladies

• 1 decade ago

carrie has the better voice gretchen is a country artist she has it all. carrie is just a record company puppet picks her music and she sings it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.