I quit a game for a year now, but i feel an urge to play again.......?

Okay, I played a game called Maplestory and I was really addicted. When I played it previously my laptop got all screwed up but that never stopped me from being a maplestory addict. the first 2 months my mom n dad were upset about maplestory but later gave up cuz i would never stop. it lowered my grades ALOT, it took away time from my family, and i always played it everyday. i quit but now i wanna play so badly. i just dont know what to do because it messed up my computer and i got a new laptop and i dont want to screw my new one. Also, i dont want to get bad grades so what should i do to overcome this feeling?

BTW, im not trying to quit! im trying to not feel the urge of going back to playing

Favorite Answer

Do not go back to the game. I played Maplestory for one day, and I was totally bored by the end of the day, never even went back to it. Your grades are a lot more important than some stupid game where you kill mushrooms... Bad graphics too, 2D and everything. Now World of Warcraft, that was an addicting games.

Trust me, just do something else, if you want you can try making your own games, its really fun and teaches you a lot about computer programming and the thinking you need to create video games. I have been doing this for a while now and have not played any games since other than making my own.

The program is totally free: http://alice.org/index.php?page=downloads/download...

I take it that this game is a MMO? Im always tempted to go back to Final Fantasy 11, ive quit so many times over the past few years. The sense of freedom is priceless however, after quitting an addicting game. Especially MMORPGs. It used to feel like a second job to me.

I feel you on this one Bro.

I play World Of Warcraft. Can't even tell you how many times I've tried quitting but the urge will always be there. Eventually you will overcome it. Try to find a new hobbie that keeps your mind away from the game to keep you busy.

find a healthier hobby. for example, join a club sports team, or even a varsity sports team if you feel like you're up to it.

that feeling's never going to go away if you just sit at home doing nothing.