Question about High Blood Pressure and medication?

For the last couple of months my blood pressure has been all over the place. Sometimes its really high. Sometimes a little high and sometimes just normal. I had mentioned to my doctor one day about 2 episodes I had where my blood pressure jumped extremely high. I was just sitting on the couch watching a movie and... show more For the last couple of months my blood pressure has been all over the place. Sometimes its really high. Sometimes a little high and sometimes just normal. I had mentioned to my doctor one day about 2 episodes I had where my blood pressure jumped extremely high. I was just sitting on the couch watching a movie and the other time on the computer. I always know when my blood pressure is high because it makes me feel kinda funny. After I had told her this she looked back through my chart and noticed that it fluctuated quite often. She was mostly concerned with the lower number. Anyway, she prescribed me 40 mg of Micardis.

I guess I'm concerned that if I take this medication and my blood pressure is "normal", will it make it drop lower? Of course, I didn't think to ask her this when I saw her and getting a hold of her is very difficult. Just looking for people who may have experienced this before.

I am in my late 30's and my mother had a stroke when she was in her early 40's. She was never diagnosed with hypertension until after her stroke.

I did ask this question in another category, but I was hoping I might get some more input.