Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Law Question about tickets?

I got juvy tickets when i was about 14-15 years old for stupid crap i mean who didn't now I'm 24 is there a limit on how long that stuff can stay on your record? Not sure if it helps but i live in Texas great state where everybody takes your money without asking :)... People keep telling me it will fall off someday? Also what are the chance's of it going into a warrant and them coming to my house over some cuss words said back in the day? lol


Would this effect me getting a passport? I'm moving to Canada in march.

Update 2:

I was reading online it said my records should have gone in "Restricted Access" when i turned 21, but that still has not happen. Recently called them about this matter,about 30 min's ago said i owe them 600 dollars for something i did 9 years ago? Also they said they have had a hold on my D/L which i know is bs because recently i renewed mine :/....

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Juvy Tickets? You must call the Juvenile Justice Department in the county in which the charges were brought against you and ask for expunging of your juvenile records. If you don't do this it could be used against you in the future. You could get a US Passport but getting a Canadian Visa could be difficult, if you have a record.


    The BMV and the law are always on different levels when it comes to these things....ouch! RED TAPE! If you have gone this far without any problems, I think you will be fine.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Usually, when you become an adult (18) all of your records and tickets from when you are a minor are sealed. But you may want to call your local police station or town hall to find out if you have to apply to have them sealed or if they are sealed automatically.

    If your records as a juvenile are sealed no one can read them. And the US and Canada have a pretty civil relationship border wise. You don't even need a visa to get in the country, just a valid birth certificate and your passport.

    Yea well welcome to adulthood, there are consequences for your actions. Go find out what your fine is for and pay it...before they put a warrant out for your arrest or catch you driving without a license.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.