acostag91 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

If the playoffs started today, who do you think would win each matchup that is projected?

ALDS

Tigers vs Yankees

Angels vs Red Sox

NLDS

Cardinals vs Dodgers

Rockies vs Phillies

Who would win each match up and so on in the World Series?

Favorite Answer

Yankees beat Detroit

Red Sox beat Angels

Dodgers beat Cards

Phillies beat Rockies

Yankees beat Dodgers in the Worl Series

• JenJen

ALDS

Tigers vs Yankees I say the Yankees are winning this matchup

Angels vs Red Sox this is a tough one to predict but I am going with the Angels. That is what my heart is telling me.

NLDS

Cardinals vs Dodgers I am going with the Cardinals. They are the better team because the they have the pitching and some offense

Rockies vs Phillies As much as I want to see the Rockies do well I think the Phillies have the advantage. So I am going with the Phillies.

The NL champion series

Cardinals over Phillies

The AL Champion series

I am going to say Red Sox over Yankees in seven games

The World Series

Cardinals win it over the Red Sox

I think the Yankees have enough offense to get to the Tigers rotation so they'll take that series. And I think the Red Sox are well equipped for a short series with great arms at the top of their rotation so I see it being Yanks/Red Sox in the ALCS.

Cards have simply been on a tear lately and the Dodgers have quieted down. I could see them carrying that momentum into the playoffs and knocking off the Dodgers. The Phillies just have too much talent for the Rockies to counter and their pitching has really started to come together. Cards/Phills in the NLCS.

Angels Yankees Dodgers Philies

shall we look on the Matchups White Sox/purple Sox Rays/Angels Cardinals/Diamondbacks Marlins/Cubs i might like the purple Sox to conquer the White Sox. Beckett hasn't been as stable as ;final year yet while 03 and final year are any indication he in all threat as quickly as lower back steps up his gm for the playoffs. meanwhile cube ok has been shaky this year yet he's getting wins. With the better offense Boston takes it TB is a warm team and has adeeper rotation nowand they're ayoung team playing out of their minds. i admire the Rays here Arizona's pitching is better that St Loui's and St Louis' pitching won't have the ability to hold them. D-Backs i think of Florida's somewhat overated. they have not have been given any aceon their team (they're no a million is Mark Hendrickson) and Chicago has the O. Cubs sweep (assuming no Bartman 2 happens) ALCS purple Sox/Rays. What a chain. i think of the Sox w/domicile field can take this. they might tournament Tampa's pitching and that they have got the exp. Sox in 6 As for the NLCS merely look finally yrs NLDS. upload exp to Arizona and Haren and that's an identical consequence international series. This in all threat comes right down to domicile field and due to the stupid all celeb game format i won't have the ability to assert yet

yankees over tigers

angels over red sox- the red sox are lousy in los angelas and the angels just have the red sox number

dodgers over cardinals- this is a tough on two great managers and two good teams but i think manny and pujols cancel each other out and the rest of the dodger line-up is better st. louis the dodger pitching needs to pick it up though

rockies over phillies- colorado pitching has been really good this year and philly has been inconsist all year

yankees over angels- all the money spent finally pays off they make it to world series

dodgers over rockies

dodgers over yankees- joe torre out manages his old team and also the yankee's are starting to wear down by this time due to their age and not being used to playing this long and can you really go against joe torre in this situation

• Tigers upset Yankees

Red Sox beat Angels

Cardinals beat dodgers

Rockies upset phillies

Cardinals beat Rockies

Red Sox beat Tigers

Cardinals beat Red Sox

• ALDS

Yankees defeat Tigers

Angels defeat Red Sox

NLDS

Cardinals defeat Dodgers

Phillies defeat Rockies

AL Pennant

Yankees defeat Angels

NL Pennant

Cardinals defeat Phillies

World Series

Too close to call, if it's a Cards-Yanks series.

ALDS

Tigers vs Yankees - Tigers in 3

Angels vs Red Sox - Angels in 4

NLDS

Cardinals vs Dodgers - Cards in 5

Rockies vs Phillies - Rockes in 4

ALCS - Tigers in 4

NLCS - Rockies in 6

WS - Tigers in 4

I don't believe it but I can dream can't I?

ALDS

Tigers over Yankees

Red Sox over Angels

NLDS

Cardinals over Dodgers

Phillies over Rockies

Source(s): The Yankees haven't been able to hit good pitching in the playoffs the past 9 years, so why do people think this year will be different. They'll be facing Verlander and Jackson twice