Who is Abd al-Wahhaab?

I'm asking this question to see if people actually know who he is and what he preached.

Update:

WAlaikum Salam Warahmatullah Wabarakatahu

Update 2:

Everyone who has any knowledge of the movement of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab (may Allaah have mercy on him) and his message knows that he sought to spread the message of pure Tawheed and to warn against shirk in all its forms, such as attachment to the dead, or to trees and rocks, etc. In his ‘aqeedah (belief), he was following the way of the righteous Salaf and the Taabi’een [i.e., the earliest generations of Islam], as is indicated by his books and fatwas, and the books of his followers among his sons and grandsons and others. All of these books are in print and are in circulation among the people. His message was in accordance with the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Update 3:

Wahhaabism is not a new way or a new school of thought; rather it is a call to Tawheed and the revival of aspects of the religion that had been forgotten.

Sheikh Muhammed said:

What you have to do is to beware of those who warn you against the Wahhaabis, because they are warning you against following the truth and the early generation of this ummah. Applying the word “Wahhaabis” to those who adhere to correct belief and warning people against them is the way of the ignorant and biased.

Update 4:

Shia's, I recommend you to read Kitaab al-Tawheed alladhi huwa haqq Allaah ‘ala al-‘Abeed [Kitaab al-Tawheed is available in English translation] – you will find out how great the Shaykh’s knowledge was, and how important his call is, and the extent to which his words have been twisted and accusations have been made against him.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

we dont seny his knowledge...allot of mishriks..kafirs hold valuable knowledge too....allot of muslims hold valuable knowledge regarding islam...but what the use if they form a bida with every scentence they teach

he was the founder of wahabism...

a sect which now pledges to killing 10 cildren for the sake of who their parents are....or who THEY think they MIGHT grow up to be.

he caused ppl to follow all kinds of bidah...

becasue his thought was based around the books of IBN TAYMIA..

a person who wold make up new rules just to oppose the shia sect.

he said that visiting the graves is haram....

yet the prophet PBUH was burried in the room where Aishah used to stay...

does that make her a 'grave worshiper'..

the prophet actually said to visit the graves becasue its mustahab...

wouldnt it be bida to forbid it all together....

they are extreem in their religion...and try to disguise themselves with the sunnies...

'ahl alsunnah waljamaa' apparently they are the jamaa

the 'sheikhs' that follow his teachings end up being kicked out of ALAZHAR (the sunnice islamic college)

just like aldimashqiya who got kicked out for practicing gay acts in the college... (research for your selves)

and more who got kicked out for being too extreeme

and yes he was appointed by the british to form clashes between the islamic nation so that they would be asily broken..and the british will be more powersul...just like alee said

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Abd al Wahhab was cult who created confusion in Islamic teachings. By their strong missionaries they put in doubt every thing Muslim does.

Abd al Wahhab is the key responsible of what Al Qaeda, Taliban, Shebab doing in the Muslim world.

Abd al Wahhab has separated Islam from Prophet Mohammad s.a.w and Ahlul Bayt a.s.

Abd al Wahhab acted all against the Holy Qur'an. Innama Yooridullahi ankumu rijsa Ahlul Bayt wayoo tahhira kum Tathira.

Innallaha wa malaekataho yoo salluna alla Nabi, Ya Ayyuhalladhina Amanu Sallu Alayhi wa Sallimu Taslima.

Abd al Wahhab stated it is Bid'a to respect Ahlul Bayt and Salaat to Prophet Mohammad s.a.w.

• 1 decade ago

One troll asks a ridiculous question that is meant to cause fitnah and hatred for Wahabis and other trolls talk bad against Wahabis with intention to

enourage others to join them. Another troll posing as Shia joins them mouthing off against Wahabis.

All foolish sunnis and Shias fall victims of trolls and fight against each other.

WHY DON'T Muslims use their heads and stop

answering such questions?

Check profiles of all participants. You will find that all answers with hateful answers to excite Muslims are written by trolls and they block their own e-mail address. So you can't even curse them for causing fitnah.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Salam

I myself have a method in all this mess.

Quran, hadith, Rayad Al Salaheen, all those involve no humans on this earth today. Once you are done those you will be ready for your death at that alone will take the rest of your existance on this earth.

What someone says in the last 1000 years I really don't care.

Source(s): Ankaboot
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Assalamualakum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

If you really want to know, read this book: Biography and Mission of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab (Jalal Abualrub). It's not the easiest read, but it very exhaustive.

• 1 decade ago

AbdelWahhab(RahimuLlaah)

father of Tawheed

he revived the Sunnah

he fought against Bid'ah and alhul bid'ah

he fought against shirk and ahul shirk <--the reason why shies hate him

his personality/character resembled Omar Al farouq(RA)

• Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Assalaam Alaikum Warahmatullah Wabarakatahu

A great Shaikh who was full of hope and promises and dispelled the clouds of gloom and frustration that had engulfed the souls of people. He revived the concept of pure Tawhid (monotheism) and called people to return to pristine Islam - the Quran and the Sunnah.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont know that much about him, but from what i did hear of him, i have to respect him, since he started a movement in order to remove the innovations and unislamic practices made by those who were misguided, and he preached tawheed and the proper teachings of Islaam. so therefore, i got mad respect for the sheikh, though i will look him up more.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is a scumbag! Responsible for Wahabism (SO CALLED Salafi) movements!

He is a deviant! And he caused for many bidahs to happen!

He destroyed many holy graves of the Holy Sahaba and Holy Family of the Prophet Muhammad (S)!

The Saudi kingdom is based on the beliefs of Wahabism

But soon, these Wahabis will fail!

Ahle-Sunnath is the true path!

Wahabis claim to be Sunnis, but they are NOT! They are deviants!

But Wahabis got petro-dollars, and they are growing!

Insha Allah, they will fail!

And for those who don't know what Wahabism is, it is the REVIVAL of the Kharjis! The same thought process and ignorance!

Anyone who praises this man is a fool, who doesn't know history!

Ahle-Sunnath must unite against the Wahabis!

• 1 decade ago

A Servant of Al Wahhab.

A destroyer of shirk and everything related to it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.