Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 decade ago

Car has MOT, Tax but no Insurance?

Getting a new car today but still have the old one. I'm waiting for it to be collected by a car scrap collection company which could be up a few days.

I want to swap my insurance from my old car to my new. My old car would still be taxed and mot but then will have no insurance. Is that legal? Just to keep it parked up for a few days without insurance?

Favorite Answer

It can be without insurance if it is not on a road. So if its on Private land its OK. However if it is left on a road it needs insurance, tax and MOT

Compare quotes for free at - ASSURECOMPARE.INFO-

RE Car has MOT, Tax but no Insurance?

• Alisun

I might suggest that you visit this internet site where you can get rates from the best companies: http://COVERAGEDEALS.NET/index.html?src=2YAjgW16cx...

RE :Car has MOT, Tax but no Insurance?

Follow 19 answers

• Kim

Do this in order: 1. Get insurance for the car first. 2. Pre-book an appointment at the nearest MOT station, and drive straight there. 3. If it passes, then get tax for it.

Technically a car can't be on public streets without an insurance but if you don't drive it there's no chance of anyone ever finding out.

• burn

You cannot park on the road without insurance.

Speak to your insurance company, they will cover you for the few extra days.

You can easily get and compare quotes from different companies at: INSTANT-INSURANCE.NET

you need insurance to park your car on the road your insurance company will cover it for you for the short while you are waiting to have it picked up

You need insurance for a vehicle anywhere where the public have access on payment or otherwise.

Source(s): UK Copper

As long as you don't drive the car which isn't insured it's okay. If you drive it un-insured and get caught, you get minimum 6 penalty points and possibly a ban.