Why does everyone think hezbollah is a terrorist group?

I've been looking closely at some things recently and there are many people that think hezbollah is a terrorist group. They are not however, let me explain why and i have this on a very good source. Hezbollah defends the Lebanese people from attacks from Israel because Israel is trying to take over their land and they have taken over Palestine. Hezbollah has done nothing but help its people and try to rebuild Lebanon, they are now a part of their government as well. However Israel is still attacking at their southern border trying to take more land. So please someone also answer this question why is the U.S. backing a group of nomadic people intent on stealing others land? And people are defending them for it =O why cant they just be happy with what they have already taken from Palestine but they have to attack Lebanon too? Personally i think we are backing terrorism in this and i dont agree with it.. I had to watch a news reel with pictures of Lebanese children being carried away dead from Israel attack its awful.

Update:

Hezbollah first emerged as a militia in response to the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, also known as Operation Peace for Galilee, in 1982 -----umm thats off the wiki there are people that think they are a terrorist group but i think they are angry now because they have to try so hard to keep they're country alive. I think if someone was invading the US we would react the same.

Update 2:

Hezbollah receives its financial support from Iran, Syria, and the donations of Lebanese and other Shi'a.[18][19] It has also gained significantly in military strength in the 2000s.[20] Despite a June 2008 certification by the United Nations that Israel had withdrawn from all Lebanese territory,[21] in August of that year, Lebanon's new Cabinet unanimously approved a draft policy statement which secures Hezbollah's existence as an armed organization and guarantees its right to "liberate or recover occupied lands." Since 1992, the organization has been headed by Hassan Nasrallah, its Secretary-General.----oh yes and this too...

Update 3:

Hmm kinda sounds to me like the American Revolution ....

Hezbollah Ideology

To expel the Americans, the French and their allies definitely from Lebanon, putting an end to any colonialist entity on our land.

To submit the Phalanges to a just power and bring them all to justice for the crimes they have perpetrated against Muslims and Christians.

To permit all the sons of our people to determine their future and to choose in all the liberty the form of government they desire. We call upon all of them to pick the option of Islamic government which, alone, is capable of guaranteeing justice and liberty for all. Only an Islamic regime can stop any future tentative attempts of imperialistic infiltration onto our country. ooo so u dont like what they say so they are terrorist OH! i see now o.o

Update 4:

Hmmm im sorry to say but i havent been looking at propoganda i have been looking at news and other viable information and information that has already been established as true. so maybe it stands to reason the better question is :

Why arent we helping lebanon defend their country if we did they wouldnt need hezbollah to do it...although not that i blame them i think they are tired of our participation altogether.

I was born and have lived in the US my whole life and im really not one to point at someone and make false accusations i have sone my research and i dont see Hezbollah doing anything worse than defending their own country they didnt attack until attacked first. You know its no different the the American Revolution and when England invaded. Only difference is modernization so they send car bombs to the enemy and we sent carts full of gunpowder on fire same difference different time.

Update 5:

Personally i think everyone is so blinded by hate because of all of the real terrorism that has been going on in other countries that no matter what now they will all be branded as terrorists. And as i said i got my info directly from links by the US Government, so im not falling for propaganda...

Update 6:

*sigh* are u not reading what i posted i did do research and so far i have been told they are and u are falling for propoganda....no viable arguments cause no on researches. I know the fighting has been going on for thousands of years because of religious conflict my question is why is the US helping them when they are claiming land that is no longer theirs. And then everyone thinks that Hezbollah are terrorists for defending their country has anyone esle done research?....cause i have i have A LOT.

Update 7:

The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) recruited militants in Lebanon from among the families of Palestinian refugees who had been expelled or fled due to the creation of Israel in 1948.[1][2] By 1968, the PLO and Israel were committing cross border attacks against each other in violation of Lebanese sovereignty. OK here is another bit of info off the WIKI.

Update 8:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Leban...

actually here just read it yourself

Update 9:

*sigh* still only one answer that is even half way reasonable....and btw i am not anti-zionistic i believe everyone to b equal and to have an equal opportunity however when that opportunity includes stealing land and killing that lands people well umm YEAH IM AGAINST THAT!

Update 10:

So let me get this right... most of the people think that Hezbollah is a terrorist group because they use similar tactics in warfare to defend themselves that terrorists do. Hmmm you DO KNOW that Israel is trying to steal their land and have already taken the land of Palestinians that is a fact and Lebanon countrymen that stand up for themselves because their militia wasnt strong enough to stand up to Israeli attacks are terrorists? WOW and then Lebanon has to deal with the US defending only politically at this time Israel and giving Israel more courage to press them harder....and what do we do hmm the US lets them continue to fight to exhaust the Hezzbolah resources sooo the ONLY defense Lebanon has against Israel the US is saying yeah go ahead keep attacking? And all you can come up with is yeah Hezbollah are terrorist and u say I have been blinded by propaganda? Maybe u should look into it more b4 answering...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When I see things like this, all I can do is sigh. How do you figure they aren't a terrorist organization? Their recent excursions may have been warranted by some peoples' point of view (not my own, as I'm not bats**t insane, believing that NO terrorist act <specifically targeting civilians> should ever be employed) but you can't deny certain marks of unprovoked, extreme violence of their past. I think you need to scroll down the page you're reading. If it's not sponsored by some Islamic Radical propagandist, then you'll be able to read the facts for yourself.

P.S: Keep the community up to date on all of your next posts. I'd like to be there when you try to defend the actions of Hitler, you obvious anti-Zionist, you.

**I'm aware of that... dollar-sign.. (can't think of anything... appropriate to call you =P) I was calling the asker an anti-Zionist and obviously, you're one as well. Before you go about trying to fashion some sort of smug reply to that, I suggest you look up the definition of 'anti-Zionism' as it's a very broad term. Let me just say that I find your views on wartime innocence morally backward, at best. Also, I just wanted to make it known that I'm neither of Jewish descent nor am I one of the <oh-so-common> christo-fascists you see so often on here, crying out for religious purposes. I just think that I have a firm grasp of what's right and wrong and to me, purposefully targeting civilians is -always- an act of terrorism.**

**You're not listening.. Even if Israel was interested in Lebanese lands, and I'm not saying that they are, sending a gaggle of zealots across the border to kill innocent Israeli citizens is just wrong. Hezbollah may take some nationalist pride in what they're doing, but for the most part they're just trying to take out as many infidels as they can. They've also taken American and European journalists and tourists as hostages. What about that doesn't sound like terrorism? What the hell is wrong with some of you? This isn't the f***ing dark ages! These tactics are absolutely unacceptable under ANY circumstance. The only reason Hezbollah hasn't shifted to an official branch of the Lebanese military is that their actions would break the Geneva code and cause an international conflict.**

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

(Too most of the people answering? How can you not see that Israel is the terrorist country? Who has been bombing Palestine for the past decade (and also much longer before)? Who has been constantly trying to take over Palestine, Syria, Lebanon? Learn your history before you start taking sides. I understand that Hezbollah has committed acts labelled as terrorism, but can anyone recall what they were for? To defend his country. If Hezbollah wasn't there at the south border of Lebanon, Israel would've taken over the country a long time ago. Hezbollah is resisting the attacks made by them, and also fighting back, and that's a fact. Don't go as far as labelling a group as 'terrorists' if they're defending their own country at the same time. Lebanon isn't provided with the weapons and ammunition that America is giving to Israel. Where's the justice in that? Israel is just as faulty as any terrorist group there is in this world. Are you forgetting the trouble Israel has caused in the middle-eastern countries mentioned earlier? I guess there really isn't any justice in this biased world.

• 1 decade ago

You've succumbed to the propaganda machines of the Islamic nations darlin.

Sorry but the Lebanese were much better off as a Christian nation than they are as an Islamic Republic and the lies they speak of Israel is from a propaganda machine that is superior to Israels.

The Hezbollah outfit has been branded a terrorist group because they are. They terrorize their own people who would disagree with them; never mind the ones outside of their territory.

They behave like terrorists, they act like terrorists, they talk like terrorists, they work like terrorists and they kill like terrorists.

There is no amount of excuses nor rationalizing you can give a rational human being to change their minds on the matter.

They are called terrorists because they are terrorists.

Simple.

But a huge population are in a state of denial about that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Rolling On The Floor Laughing...

everyone is saying that this asker has been fed too much propaganda.

But it is they who are being fed the propaganda.

One word: HYPOCRISY

lemme answer:

(and i speak of hezbollah first to satisfy the ignorance of the 'rest')

Hizballah has committed acts of terrorism. (there happy?)

But, we MUST take into consideration the history of this conflict.

The people of plaestine and lebanon have been heavily presecuted by the israelis for a long period of time now. They were unlawfully, unjustly, driven from their homes with their backs burning.

U have no idea of the demoralization that affects the palestinians. they have lived with constant torment, and their children haven't experienced the comfort that we feel infront of our computers answering questions on Y!A.

The israelis, on the other hand, are THE terrorists. Do you not see the torment they rain down upon the palestinians?

and if thats not enough:

http://images.quickblogcast.com/80987-70899/Z6%5B2...

Have we become so desensitized and so one-sided that we cannot define the very terrorism that we struggle to put a stop to? Terrorism has become this biased form of saying soldier that only applies to muslims. It has been used so exclusively that we can only see one side to it.

A suicide bomber takes 10 people with him. He is EVIL. but do we stop and think what drove him to do such an act of desperation, worthy of nothing more than our pity. And by saying that i DO NOT mean any disrespect toward those others killed.

this suicide bomber has suffered too much. What more can one do when their family has been murdered (here i could use the words: killed, terrorised, torn apart. so notice how all of these apply and yet i use the word murdered), their house has been stolen (again same rule applies), and they are forced into a life unbearable to live.

And we mustn't forget those 'innocent' victims. Oh they were just minding their own business when they came to israel inspired by the government incentives. how could anyone resist that nice, beautiful, luscious, fertile land where they could set up a family with not a worry in the world?

lest we forget the history and origins of that land. borne from bloodshed and deceit.

Remove the cover from your eyes and see the big picture. look into the future, present and past.

On the israeli side, there are no 'innocent civilians' (they have to do service anyway).

and more importantly: terrorism is everywhere...

plz msg me for a debate (bored)

edit:

Eriatark-

hitler wasn't anti-zionist, he was anti-jewish. there's a reason for the difference in terminology.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • diego
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

you are wrong, Israel doesn't want to conquer Lebanon ,

if it was its intentions Israel would had conquer Lebanon on the 1982 war or in the last one.

Instead Israel retreated from all Lebanon territories according to the UN resolutions.

Hezbollah is counted as a terrorist group because it is targeting civilian people when they sent katiusha missiles over north Israel.

You can sum up the fact that hezbollah has its own agenda (related to Iran and Siria) and they are not fighting for Lebanon.

• 1 decade ago

actually media world is very complex area whenever a news breaks every one tries to explain from their points of view and whatever the newsgroup is in the end it always respecting ones interest

so when you want find the truth you have to do some research.

similarly about 'Hezbollah' just type the name in Google and you will find lots of aspect about it.

i don't wanna say its good or bad but 'cause i don't know fully but i can say there are many organization,even in USA, which has more terrorist idea than Hezbollah but they don't get large attention of media 'cause they don't oppose the large parties interest and this is the fact.

• 3 years ago

They are labeled as terrorist companies for the reason that they paintings to have an impact on the direction of political beliefs via mounting assaults on civilian ambitions which can be violent and harmful, as a substitute of army, political, or diplomatic. Or, relating to Hamas, additionally to a bit of part-hearted (at satisfactory) army/political/diplomatic way. The sole motive for the violent assaults is to encourage the populace in their goal to are living their lives in consistent terror, ready continuously for the following assault. But how does growing any such state for his or her goal rather advantage the fear attackers? There is simply on no account an reply for terrorism. And all terrorists glory in that functional truth. Think approximately it. After anyone assault (say, a suicide bomb), the goal/sufferer can retaliate (Israel makes use of this approach plenty -- seem what well it does them). Or the goal/sufferer can do just not anything (might Hamas or Hezbollah do not anything, if the suicide bombs have been towards *them*?). Or possibly the goal/sufferer can attempt to rally a bit of global aid, and spot in the event that they could not curiosity the attackers in fixing *each person's* issues *peacefully.* Hasn't occurred but, however they might nonetheless check out. Again. And generally *whatever* the goal men and women can do will simplest encourage but an extra assault on them, both for the reason that of truly and/or perceived accidents "desiring" avenging, or for the reason that of perceived weak spot within the attacked institution. Living with the consistent danger of violent dying and crippling accidents isn't a joyful technique to are living. Terrorists are bigots who see a institution of men and women they do not like as being totally unfit of traditional joyful lives. Terrorists are really equipped to sacrifice the peace of brain, the happiness, or even the protection and lives in their *possess* family! --- *Just* to assurance that the hated goal men and women do not are living in protection or happiness. History not has whatever to do with it. Yes, the parties of the Nineteen Forties induced the begin of all this, however it is been over 60 years now! How a lot failure do H&H want? Terrorist approaches are beautiful functional-minded. They produce no accelerated stipulations of lifestyles for anybody -- adding the attackers. The long term that H&H declare they are operating in the direction of is a fable. Can you inform me why the cause-joyful idiots do not see it? I do not think that there are not any wise men and women amongst them, who might determine a few collectively applicable -- even moneymaking -- approaches to co-exist. But the terrorist factors amongst them maintain undermining intelligence, clearly. There is it appears not anything so one can ever persuade Hamas or Hezbollah to peer Isrealis as truly men and women (amongst different agencies they hate). And so H&H preserve to plague the earth with terror. And due to the fact that revenge is a tradition for such a lot of of the societies that surround those 2 agencies, it is not likely that the extremists will ever stop terrorism as some way of having what they wish. Even whilst it offers them not anything even near.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have to agree with you 100%. Fact It was Israel that invaded Lebanon What right did Israel have to do that ? Hezbollah responded by defending their country and finally drove these land grabbers out

Israels history of massacres is second to none How can any sane reasonable person support this

The King David Massacre

The Massacre at Baldat al-Shaikh

YEHIDA MASSACRE

KHISAS MASSACRE

QAZAZA MASSACRE

The Semiramis Hotel Massacre

The Massacre at Dair Yasin

NASER AL-DIN MASSACRE

THE TANTURA MASSACRE

BEIT DARAS MASSACRE

THE DAHMASH MOSQUE MASSACRE

DAWAYMA MASSACRE

HOULA MASSACRE

SHARAFAT MASSACRE

Salha Massacre

The Massacre at Qibya

KAFR QASEM MASSACRE

Khan Yunis Massacre

The Massacre in Gaza City

AL-SAMMOU' MASSACRE

Aitharoun Massacre

Kawnin Massacre

Hanin Massacre

Bint Jbeil Massacre

Abbasieh Massacre

Adloun Massacre

Saida Massacre

Fakhani Massacre

Beirut Massacre Sabra And Shatila Massacre

Jibsheet Massacre

Sohmor Massacre

Seer Al Garbiah

Maaraka Massacres

Zrariah Massacre

Homeen Al-Tahta Massacre

Jibaa Massacre

Yohmor Massacre

Tiri massacre

Al-Naher Al-Bared Massacre

Ain Al-Hillwee Massacre

OYON QARA MASSACRE

Siddiqine Massacre

AL-AQSA MOSQUE MASSACRE

THE IBRAHIMI MOSQUE MASSACRE

THE JABALIA MASSACRE

Aramta Massacre

ERETZ CHECKPOINT MASSACRE

Deir Al-Zahrani Massacre

Nabatiyeh (school bus) Massacre

Mnsuriah Massacre

The Sohmor Second Massacre

Nabatyaih Massacre

Qana Massacre

Trqumia Massacre

Janta Massacre

24 Of June 1999 Massacres

Western Bekaa villages Massacre

Gaza "Cast lead

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sure.

Why not?

Look in the real world.

Decode this lyrics " You'll see "

"Reality"

With all the "Wanted" poster plastered on the wall as murals all over town.

With Son of Lucifer himself in "All Blacks"

As Son of a "Dirty old man" Mr. Look-see-here"

Glaring under the sun,moon and stars even on cloudy and rainy days too in time?

When A-4 size poster does not seem to fit in?

Luke 21.30-36

Luke 9.25,55-56,60

Revelation 22.13-17

Luke 24.44-45,47-48

Exodus 20.12

Exodus 20.1-18

Luke 6.20-49

Matt 5.9,14

Matt 1.17

Luke 12.51-53

Luke 14.26-35

Matt 22.17-21,32

Exodus 23.24,32

What do you think?

Source(s): decoded from the missing x-files.
  • Nathan
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

because they are a terrorist group. I'm guessing you have been fed some propaganda

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.