is it ok to take azithromycin with ventolin HFA?

for some reason when I look up at drugs.com the interaction checker it says moderate interaction, but when I call the pharmacy they insure me it is okay. I called another one to make sure and they said the same thing. All I know is I feel like I can't breath and really want to take a few puffs off it, but if it is dangerous I don't want to risk my life.

Favorite Answer

I checked the interaction: As long as youre not taking any other meds and youre not using it frequently with the zpak, you are fine.

Source(s): CPhT

I have taken both together--am hard core asthmatic.

A couple of important things: The older asthma meds had a lot of interactions, so avoid or keep an eye on THEOPHYLLINE. It is still used and helpful if other stuff fails. But it affects the dosage of all kinds of other meds.

Other thing: I run a lot of questions, like you did, past Pharmacists. They have knowledge even most doctors are not as sharp on--most medical people agree medications are getting so "high tech" that in future pharmacists , not doctors, will do all prescribing. Even now, if you get a Pharmacist to admit it, they will tell you they constantly call doctors back and remind them of possible interactions with what they prescribed--they clean up doctor's mistakes constantly--

Source(s): Experiences--many with meds, am lifetime asthmatic (age 68), and also use Pharmacists to recommend first, then go ask my doctor about what the Pharmacist said.