Possible to stay a virgin?

Okay so my boyfriend and I have been going out for a year now and we've had a few disagreements but overall things have been going great and we both truly love each other. The only thing is that I'm a virgin and he's not and about a month ago I flat out told him the truth that I plan on waiting for... show more Okay so my boyfriend and I have been going out for a year now and we've had a few disagreements but overall things have been going great and we both truly love each other. The only thing is that I'm a virgin and he's not and about a month ago I flat out told him the truth that I plan on waiting for marriage to have sex/or do anything sexual other than kissing. He claims that it is okay and that he plans on marrying me one day so he can wait till then, but I don't believe him. Every now and then he makes jokes about our non-existing sex life, and I can tell that deep down inside he is frustrated that he's not getting anything. I've made up my mind, i'm not about to give myself to him until marriage but I can tell it bothers him because he's use to dating girls who give it up the first week/first couple of months. My boyfriend has slept with 4 girls already and he constantly tells me that I'm the one for him and that he's never been happier than he is now and I'd like to believe him but somehow I can't. Do you think it's possible to continue to have a non-sexual relationship with him or should I end things with him. I truly love him though, i've never felt this way before and I know he loves me too but this whole not having sex thing is getting in the way. I feel bad for making him wait but i'm not about to ruin my morals just to please him. I know I sound crazy, I have even told him that it's okay to go out and "do" some random chick so he can get it out of his system, but he said he would never cheat on me or even think of doing that. What should I do?
14 answers 14