Possible to stay a virgin?

Okay so my boyfriend and I have been going out for a year now and we've had a few disagreements but overall things have been going great and we both truly love each other. The only thing is that I'm a virgin and he's not and about a month ago I flat out told him the truth that I plan on waiting for marriage to have sex/or do anything sexual other than kissing. He claims that it is okay and that he plans on marrying me one day so he can wait till then, but I don't believe him. Every now and then he makes jokes about our non-existing sex life, and I can tell that deep down inside he is frustrated that he's not getting anything. I've made up my mind, i'm not about to give myself to him until marriage but I can tell it bothers him because he's use to dating girls who give it up the first week/first couple of months. My boyfriend has slept with 4 girls already and he constantly tells me that I'm the one for him and that he's never been happier than he is now and I'd like to believe him but somehow I can't. Do you think it's possible to continue to have a non-sexual relationship with him or should I end things with him. I truly love him though, i've never felt this way before and I know he loves me too but this whole not having sex thing is getting in the way. I feel bad for making him wait but i'm not about to ruin my morals just to please him. I know I sound crazy, I have even told him that it's okay to go out and "do" some random chick so he can get it out of his system, but he said he would never cheat on me or even think of doing that. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Keep on going the way you are. He might get frustrated, but if he really loves you, he can wait. :]

• Marcus

Aurora, I had this problem with my girl. Please listen since im taking the time to write back. We've been together 2 years now and for the first year she had me convinced I would never have sex her until we were married. She was a virgin and I respected that. Because during that time we fell madly in love and swore we would marry each other she decided to give in to her urges. It's been two years and we still talk about our marriage everyday. You will not find it easier to date a virgin guy, find another guy to wait that long or to dump him. Don't sacrifice your love for morals. Aurora that would be far worse.

girl your crazy to dump him, how many guys do you think are like will to wait for you, ill tell not many and if you truly love him like you said you do then why the **** are you going to dump him annd you also been going out for a year and fine if you want to keep the big V but dont you think you should give him a little more if you both really love each other then why not give him and hand job or bj like really he's a guy and guys are sexual creatures, i think your holding out way too much on him chica think about you dont actually have to have intercourse but a little something else wont hurt right i mean if you love him and all

You are doing something YOU'LL NEVER, NEVER REGRET.....you hold to your convictions. If this guy truly loves you...he WILL wait...and he'll RESPECT YOU FOR WANTING TO WAIT. God designed sex for husband and wife it's NOT a "physical past time for dating." It is a very SACRED act for a married couple. People may say you're a prude...or old fashioned.....but they are so wrong.

Most all girls would go back and change things if they could...the ones who have had sex.

I had sex before I married....and to this day I regret it. I know that God has forgiven me...because it is a sin...it's called fornication in the Bible.

But I soooooo wish I had waited......Please dear one....you pray and ask God for the strength for yourself and your boyfriend to be abstinate.

If he says, "if you love me you will.....YOU tell him.....if you really loved me....YOU WOULDN'T ASK!!!!

I'm so blessed to hear you want to stay a virgin until marriage. You are a RARE GEM......I pray God has someone soooo special for you.

well first of all good for you! i think its really good to wait. thats why i have a purity ring. anyway he kind of seems like he wants to marry you just so he can do that with you but then again he could go out with almost any other girl and get it right away. so he is kind of sending mixed signals honestly i think i would break up with him or just sit down and talk to him and see how he really feels about it. cause if he keeps making jokes it seems like he doesn't really take your beliefs seriously.

First of all, you don't sound crazy. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. Keep up with your morals and, if he really loves you, he will wait.

If he really loves you then he should be willing to wait. But if he keeps on playing around like that, you should talk to him about it and tell him that it bothers you

You should keep on keepin' on. Of course it frustrates him, but I'm sure you do other things that frustrate him, and vice versa. It's up to him to decide whether it's a dealbreaker or not. Don't make that decision for him.

well if he DOESN'T want to have sex with someone else and cheat on you, then you should keep him because he loves you.

BUT if you can tell he's getting frustrated then maybe offer to break it off, if it bothers you that he is bothered by it then let him sleep around but not behind your back, in other words, I think break it off? :/

Make him wait...If he cannot wait then find a guy who is into the church. Religious guys are more likely to wait.