Zach Atteberry asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

my First ever cat poem, comments appreciated.?

I really loved my friends cat, that have recently died from cancer, and it hurt me bad for a bit. I am now posting this which i have came up from my heart, comments appreciated.

I just want to know do you think this poem is any good?

Is their anything i could improve on?

-Poem I made from Scratch-

To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all, Lost cats to the Rainbow bridge, Will always be in your hearts, and the hearts of many they have touched during their lives, and that lives on forever.

"love till the end is without regrets, but not without memory's <3

May All cats rest in peace, Love, and harmony, All the cats are in a better place now.

('Birds sing after a storm , Why can't we?')

Forever, and ever cats are remembered, Just as the cold wind hits us in a cold winter day. They are now a part of us now and forever. One day you two will be united again.In the light of heavens gates.

In the rainbow bridge, Your Companions are Forever young and prosper. Slaughtered cats brought to whole again.. Old cats back to young.. Declawed cats gave their claws, Now they are young again free to play and run in heavens garden of elegant butterfly's and Beautiful gardens, Their is now no Sickness, no Cruelty , and no Deseases. They are thankful and Happy for this place.

So i ask of you all, who own a cat and who are still with you today, give them your simple 20-25 minutes a day, i know humans lead such busy lives, Life and time is not forever and as such Time is to swift for one to wait and it seems life is far to quick and to short for the felines we love. Please spend everyday with your cat as if they were your last and only prayer.

We are always searching friendship of our life-long Companions, and know our spirts are one forever, even as we die young. Don't keep All your love you had for me inside you, Find another young feline and make my spirit live on, sometimes we imagine that our fellow companion is silently scratching at our door.. but it is just a simple illusion, it is simply just the hollow wind against the pained window, old habitats usually cause for more heart ache as the food bowl and water bowl remain untouched as they not had before, so find your self a new friend.. a new companion.. But never forget me.. as your "Best friend"..

"As god said: Watch over this kitten, and one day i will come it might be Tomorrow, or it might be next week or even.. 15 years from now. One day i will come and it will be without warning, Take good care of the cat and love it as your self, untill the day awaits my return"

With love to all Cats in my life, that i care for and all the cats that have been in my friends dying arms, and the cats that have been passed on to the bridge, As the cats final words "My Heart Is Forever Yours.."

Thanks for reading, Zach

• CTU
    Best Answer

That is just so BEAUTIFUL!!!!:(

You have many talents. Your cat is lucky to have you as his owner! Thank you for sharing this!:)

I vote consistency. Meaning, do not not if poor grammar was intention or lack of skill or what, Something like "He entered (into) his life, hell (brake) broke loose(d),.....he (see's) see his face, etc somebody's got issues(needs help) etc. etc. Yeah, agree with somebody else, can't tell if "he" is the same person or sum bum of the streetsor what. Clarification would help.. Because, how one does enter his own life, as if he was not today, yesterday, or ever?Since i helped you maybe some person help me on mine.. its titled... My Satchel My satchel is soft. It houses two balls inside of it, Of which I am able play my favorite game. I never leave the house without it, Seemingly sometimes attached to my person. I wash my satchel every day. It always finds dirt from the street Whenst I play my favorite game. I love my satchel and my two balls. Last week somebody thieved both of my balls. Sad as I can no longer my favorite game Or with my balls The end :( Its a Haiku... What do you all think?

Not really a poem, but very good regardless!!

I was in tears halfway through. I had to "put down" a beloved cat after 17 great years; it took awhile, but I did replace it with another cat that's just like him (: (: (:

i think ive read about this rainbow bridge on a site lol... but yes its straight fom the heart and great. but i lost one a week ago and have 1 left, and am now thinking along the lines of "its not who has gone, its the ones who are left behind" so i make sure i give all i can to my existing little furry friend. i tell her everyday how much i love her (she wont understand but... at least i know i mean it)

This poem/eulogy is very deep and I liked reading it. I can tell that this cat meant a lot to you and to be honest, it got me very emotional since I am also a cat-person.

Zach, your words are very touching. The only thing that would make it better would be to hear you say them aloud.

Thanks for sharing.

Yup

• It's not really a poem, but more like a Eulogy that would be read at a funeral in my opinion. The thoughts are very nice though. :)

• Jan

Dang Zach! This is good stuff,not really a poem,but quit already!can't read this stuff when I'm in tears!

Straight from the heart... it brought back memories to me. Good job.