How do you cope with others misunderstanding you?

I mean when others misunderstand you, and you are not wrong at all, then does it hurt you? How will you cope with that misunderstanding?

Favorite Answer

There was a time that it did.

All I sought was to be Loved & understood.

Now I have found I don't feel either unloved or misunderstood when I seek to Love & Understand.

Strange how that works!

Many Blessings!

Definitely if other misunderstand you then it will hurt, but the first thing we must introspect and see whether what we have done is right from the point of view of the person who has not understood you. Because right or wrong depends on the perception of the person looking at it. So, one thing may right in your eyes and wrong in others eye.

Then if you still concluded that you are right then keep doing the right things without waiting for others opinion because if you are right then sooner or later people will have understand you, situations changes, circumstances changes but truth remain same.

Further, keep doing write things in life without becoming the football of other's opinion otherwise your fate shall be like football and keep in mind that you can never please all except doing right things.

Regards

Saundraa

www.thedivineshoppe.com

Source(s): ** *** **** SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEED at www.thedivineshoppe.com AND GET DIVINE ARTICLES IN YOUR MAIL: http://www.thedivineshoppe.com/index.php?option=co...

I talk to people I trust. I try to explain the situation to an outside party with as much detail and objectivity as possible in order to get a fresh point of view from the third party. In the process of talking out the situation I can also learn a lot about where the misunderstanding is and how to bridge the gap.

Very simple.I take it in my stride telling myself that when people don't have the capacity to understand,where is the question of their misunderstanding something.I don't need someone else to salve my conscience which is my prerogative.And more so when,as you say,I

know that I am right and have done no wrong.I am never hurt except

when I suffer a physical injury.Have a Great Day.

• I think that if others misunderstands you it means our view point of some subject is taken by them as altogether opposite whereas our intention is what matter we know what we have thought.slowly or soon they will realize their mistake as seeing our body gesture everything hope soon, they will come to now the truth behind their misunderstanding.

I would try to clarify the misunderstanding by confronting them in person..

If its some one like a friend etc whose judgmental stances would obviously matter more then i would confront them- clarify, explain by having a healthy discussion (or argument) which makes us reach a consensus and clear the skepticism and misunderstanding.. If that fails then i know

God knows everything so that would matter more in the end for my conscience and heart

Source(s): Comes from the ability to look at life with rose colored glasses some-times..:-)
  • Jill

I look to see what it is I am projecting outwardly that does not tally with what I am thinking and believing inwardly.

I see the misunderstanding as an opportunity to see where my error lies.

When we act from Spirit these sort of misunderstandings do not occur. So they are good mirrors for us to reassess ourselves and correct any errors in our behaviour and interactions with others .

Namaste

• Qualia

I'd make an genuine effort to express myself honest, if it doesnt help,then I'd leave it there instead of over doing it,after all its important that I dont misunderstand myself along with others

OMG this used to be such a problem for me.

I am so not like the rest of my family, and when I took a Spiritual path, even some of my friends were confused, to say the least, as to the path I was following, but it felt right in my heart so I continued.

God knows my heart and that's all that matters to me.

Only if it threatens my life or someones life to be in danger will I take a move to be understood.

If it is just plain argument when anyone has the right to agree to disagree then I do not think I have any responsibility to waste my energy.