Internet problems: "Content Encoding Error" "file is corrupt" and more?

Firefox wouldn't let me change my status on facebook, and everything looked all weird (images were broken and words were placed haphazardly across the screen). Soon, I began getting the "content encoding error", but when I clicked TRY AGAIN, it would take me to the page (which would still be messed... show more Firefox wouldn't let me change my status on facebook, and everything looked all weird (images were broken and words were placed haphazardly across the screen). Soon, I began getting the "content encoding error", but when I clicked TRY AGAIN, it would take me to the page (which would still be messed up, as I described above.

I restarted the computer. Same thing. Next, I removed firefox and tried to reinstall it using Internet Explorer, but it wouldn't download it. Next, I used CometBird. I was able to download the file, but when I attempted to open the installer, it told me that the file was corrupt.

Both IE and CometBird are giving me the same problems that FireFox was, but now there is nothing I can do?