Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Scared to approach a girl i like because of akward silence, please help?

Well there is this girl who i know that likes me because she gets hela nervous when i get close to her. She plays with her hair when im behind her walking and she always looking at me. But im a super shy guy and i never approach a girl before :(. And although she is super shy to as i can tell by her reaction, she is really pretty and i never had a girlfriend.

So how do i approach this girl and start talking to her. I only see her in the hallways when im walking to my last class of the day. We go out the same way. So like what do i say to her after i say "hey"

Please help, i really want a girl-friend! espicially a pretty one.

*Im a senior and she a sophmore in hs.

Best Answer

well its always best to find something in common... "hey what did you think of the football game saturday?" "how funny is it when professor smith lectures for an hour about ice cream"

something you both can relate to. ask her a question, because that will get her talking. you can also compliment her about something shes wearing, or the way she fixed her hair... it means alot to a girl when a guy notices little things. then when you have her attention and your both having a brief conversation say something like "hey i was thinking of going to the game tonight, wanna come with me?" or "do you wanna work on homework together after school?"

Anything that will get you together outside of school so you can get to know eachother better. Even just a walk through the park... anything. Once you start hanging out you'll both relax around eachother and it will be easier for you to make a real move.

p.s. i know from experience of being a shy girl and being old fashioned.. girls really like for guys to make the first move. its hard for us and plus it makes us know your a real man. don't worry about rejection, it sounds like she likes you.

good luck :)

Honestly, ask her something absurd to make her laugh. Please use good judgement. Delivery is key, whatever her reaction is play off of it, and to close what you are saying say, It's cool to actually talk to you, I am hanging out at ***blank*** whenever and was wondering if you would like to come. If she says yes, get the number, if she says no cool, it was either you or my dog, I thought you would be the better choice for obvious reasons. Please say this with a smile, you can get away with a lot when you smile. Hope that helps.

Say in the mirror a few nights before, "I'm going to get this chick." And dress nicely. When you feel ready, dress and act confident, and just talk to her.

Get her number if you can.

I used to be shy, too, but after I had an accomplishment like this I outgrew my shell.

Why fear the unknown when you can conquer it? Show no mercy for you shall receive none, and remember that awesome is a synonym for you.

Source(s): Courage Wolf, he believes in you

So? Keep going. Ask what she likes to do and what her hobbies are. Everything will come naturally.