Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Know any good yet cheap health care options in Tennessee?

I am employed part time and don't make enough to pay for good health care coverage. I don't qualify for TennCare and covertn only goes to $25,000 and then you're out of luck. Normal coverage would be good for inpatient treatment. I'm afraid I have a severe liver problem but I can't afford to pay out of pocket and I can't afford good coverage. I can't get insurance with my employer until Jan.1st 2010.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Babe
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Get into Covertn for now. In January you can switch to your company policy.

After you have been accepted by Covertn you can get the blood work done to find out exactly what is wrong with your liver.

In the meantime, stay away from alcohol and fatty foods. Nothing fried.

The $25,000 coverage should be sufficient for now if it includes doctors visits and blood work. You will probably be put on some type of cholesterol medication to help with that issue. If meds aren't covered by Covertn, buy it on your own if your lab work shows Cholesterol and Triglyceride levels are soaring above the normal range.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.